Organization: Futures Group
Job Code: SI061512
About Futures Group
Futures Group, the global consulting firm, helps to protect and promote people’s well-being around the world. For 40 years, Futures Group has created lasting solutions to some of the most pressing public health challenges facing nations. We predict future health and development trends, uncover barriers to well-being, and forge on-the-ground partnerships to ensure lasting change.
About GRM International
GRM International is a leading international development management company specializing in the provision of project design, management expertise and technical assistance to development projects for bilateral and multilateral funding agencies, governments and corporations. For more than 45 years, GRM has been bringing expertise in managing large-scale projects, and sourcing and managing high quality experts covering all disciplinary skills required to implement development projects.
About our Group of Companies
GRM International, Futures Group, and the Effective Development Group are a group of companies with a joint focus on reaching people in need and creating better futures for our clients, communities and colleagues around the world. With more than 90 current projects operating in more than 85 countries, and $225 million in revenue, our combined group has a multisectoral focus, diverse technical offerings and a wide geographic reach. For more information, please visit www.futuresgroup.com, www.grminternational.com, and www.edgroup.com.au.
We are recruiting for a Monitoring, Evaluation (M&E) and Research Advisor for an anticipated USAID funded civil society strengthening program in Nigeria. The program will strengthen civil society’s ability to influence the development and implementation of key democratic reforms at the national, state, and local levels and will work with the Government of Nigeria, USAID, civil society organizations (CSOs) and other local organizations and other donor agencies. The Monitoring, Evaluation (M&E) and Research Advisor will be responsible for all monitoring and evaluation activities of the project. S/he will establish significant long term goals and outcomes for prevention efforts in Nigeria, ensuring the utilization of sound, national monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement. S/he will ensure that the quality of project monitoring and evaluation are of international standard and quality by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to document lessons learned and best practices in M&E, according to USAID guidelines.
- Assist in the design of project specific Performance Monitoring Plans and M&E plans;
- Responsible for the development of relevant M&E tools as well as technical training;
- Coordinate regular monitoring visits and reporting mechanisms;
- Monitor data collection, collation, storage, analysis and reporting. Identifying problems and challenges to relevant parties;
- Monitor data entry process and overall maintenance of database;
- Review regular program reports prepared by program staff for submission to USAID;
- Ensure program staff and senior management are utilizing collected data collected in project implementation;
- Advise project management through ongoing integration of M&E data into program activities.
- Oversight of research staff conducting assessments of project activities.
- A university degree in any the following or related fields: social science, international development, evaluation research, statistics, and economics.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities.
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring and evaluation especially impact evaluation.
- Previous USAID project experience strongly preferred
- Nigerian national preferred.
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.