Organization: Futures Group
Location: United States
Job Code: CHSS050812
Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. Over the past 40 years, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
The M&E and Data Use Specialist will provide technical assistance, training and coaching to strengthen M&E and the use of information at the national, subnational and organizational level in countries where Futures Group works. This position is based in Futures Group’s North Carolina office.
- Strengthen the capacity of in country partners (including other PEPFAR implementing partners, national and regional government, and indigenous civil society organizations) in M&E and Data Demand and Use through training and technical assistance.
- Conduct country training workshops independently through the development and adaptation of curricula, planning an agenda and workshop, and providing training and facilitation of individual and organizational learning events.
- Conduct literature reviews, compile and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, and synthesize different information sources into clear messages and recommendations.
- Develop communication materials and disseminate information effectively to a variety of stakeholders in different formats, including case studies, policy/advocacy briefs, success stories, blogs and journal articles.
- Follow up on activities to determine effectiveness, make mid-course corrections, document project results and prepare success stories and case studies as required.
- Represent Futures Group to host country institutions, agencies and stakeholders, sharing information and updates.
- MA or above in public health, public policy, sociology or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in M&E, capacity development, and using data to inform decision making
- Demonstrated experience in HIV monitoring and evaluation including developing frameworks, selecting and reporting on indicators, data collection, analysis, dissemination, and data use is required
- Experience in strengthening the demand for data and facilitating the use of information in the decision-making process at different levels – from the facility and programmatic level up to the national level
- Demonstrated skills in training and capacity development through technical assistance and coaching/mentoring. This includes strong skills and experience in public speaking, curriculum development, and delivering trainings and workshops.
- Experience working in or knowledge of countries with concentrated HIV epidemics is preferred.
- Strong writing skills and experience in reporting to international donors, including the US Government
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organizations
- Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 25%.
- Fluency in English is required and professional proficiency in a second language is preferred.
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.