Organization: Futures Group
Location: South Africa
Job Code: CHSS050212
Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
We seek an exceptional candidate for a Data and Monitoring Officer open position in South Africa. The Data and Monitoring Officer will harmonize and support monitoring and evaluation of the programme through agreed processes for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet the Government and donor reporting requirements.
- Develop an M&E plan which ensures a strong focus on managing the programme to deliver desired results. This includes determining how results will be measured, monitoring of the programme and success of milestones.
- Harmonize M&E across the project partners and Government and coordinate roll out of M&E activities.
- Prepare data for annual reviews, programme specific reviews with reviews, and project completion.
- Synthesise reports of progress against the Logframe indicators and targets.
- Provide technical support for the use of M&E data and information.
- Contribute to evaluation research on the effectiveness and/or cost-effectiveness of programmes including secondary analysis of existing data.
- Masters-level degree in evaluation, public health or another relevant discipline;
- 7+ years of M&E experience, including M&E of national initiatives and public health programs and developing performance monitoring plans (PMPs)
- Experience of leading monitoring and evaluation of large international health programmes with sound knowledge of Health Systems and Primary Health Care in South Africa;
- Sound understanding of indicators, data collection methodology, data quality issues; ability to develop indicators and data collection tools and assess data quality;
- Has undertaken the evaluation and / or operational research of programmes, including the design and implementation of evaluation strategies.
- Has experience providing technical assistance to promote monitoring and evaluation strategies to facilitate data usage and ownership in a manner that enhances the program and promotes sustainability.
- Has understanding and knowledge of reproductive health, primary health care and maternal and child health in developing countries;
- Has relevant experience on DFID-funded health programmes
- Has excellent organisational and time management skills required to meet deadlines.
- Has excellent strategic, and analytical skills;
- Has a strong results orientation and commitment to accountability;
- Demonstrates integrity, commitment to excellence, equality, openness, inclusiveness and collegiality.
- Has knowledge and experience working in South Africa and/or in the region.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must.
- Preference will be given to South African nationals.
Note: The job description may be further refined during the inception phase, in conjunction with the the Deputy Team Leader, Operations.
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.