Organization: RTI International
Job ID: 14103
RTI is seeking Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist candidates for an anticipated USAID –funded health system strengthening project in Haiti. The M&E Specialist will ensure the establishment and implementation of an effective and efficient system to monitor progress, impacts and successes of project activities and performance at all levels. The position will be based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop, manage and implement the project’s M&E systems, including relevant performance indicators, baselines, and annual targets and ensures compliance to USAID requirements;
• Supervise the collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by other team members and project counterparts;
• Prepare data tabulations, reports, and presentations to support project activities;
• Identify, recruit and supervise consultants and contractors supporting M&E activities;
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports on the status of project implementation; contribute to other project reports such as annual work plans;
• Regularly review and update the project’s M&E plan;
• Perform other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelors degree in health sciences or a related field;
• At least 7 years of experience in design, monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management for health sector projects, preferably on USG-funded projects;
• Knowledge of USAID health sector reporting indicators preferred;
• Demonstrated experience and familiarity with behavioral surveillance surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling techniques and establishing M&E systems in developing countries;
• S/he should be resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building and, with minimal supervision, be able to manage high volume work flow;
• Results-oriented, team player, and with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems;
• Spoken and written fluency in English, French, and Creole.
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal http://www.rti.org/jobs
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program, for specific information on this program please visit our employment portal at http://www.rti.org/jobs