Organization: Abt Associates
Job ID: 2012-7081
Division/Department: International Health
The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
MA/MBA with 13 – 15 years of experience OR PhD with 8 – 10 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is a leader in health systems strengthening and a recognized expert in evaluation and applied research. Abt’s International Health Division (IHD) currently seeks a Senior Evaluation Advisor to join a dynamic team of evaluation professionals dedicated to strengthening international health programs through rigorous quantitative and qualitative evaluation research.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and conducting state of the art quantitative and qualitative research in a broad array of health areas, including health systems, family planning, nutrition, and malaria.
- Mentoring junior monitoring and evaluation staff
- Producing research, monitoring and evaluation (RME) papers and briefs for both policy and academic audiences
- Presenting RME results to both policy and academic audiences
- Conducting RME trainings as a member of Abt’s Evaluation Methods Center
- Evaluation proposal writing
- Manage research activities, including data collection through household and health facility surveys
- Analyze survey data using Stata, SPSS or other analytic software
- Prepare M&E plans for international health projects
- PhD in Demography, Epidemiology, Economics, Sociology or other health-related field preferred
- Demonstrated technical writing and proposal writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Previous experience working with USAID and DfID preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse set of clients, partners and colleagues
- Travel on short-term assignments
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese preferred
- Previous experience working in sub-Saharan Africa preferred
- Previous experience managing M&E staff and sub-contracts preferred
- Ability to train M&E staff in PMP and log-frame development preferred
- An interest in evaluating program interventions in a broad array of health areas (e.g., health systems, private sector health, malaria, HIV, and family planning).