Organización: ARS Progetti
Position: 1 Senior Expert-35 w/d
1 Senior Expert-30 w/d
Country: South Africa
Date line: 04/07/2012
Starting date: 10/09/2012
Duration: 75 days
The objective of this interim evaluation is to provide decision makers in the South African Government and the European Commission with sufficient information to make an informed judgement about the past performance of Erasmus Mundus Action 2 (Partnerships), to document lessons learned and to provide practical recommendations for follow-up and future action.
Particular purpose, application services and expected results:
The specific objectives of this interim evaluation are
(a) to assess the following aspects:
– the relevance of the programme and projects for South Africa, the DHET, the South African universities involved, and the beneficiaries;
– the efficiency of programme and project implementation, focusing on the results achieved to date;
– the effectiveness of the programme and projects, focusing on the benefits derived by the DHET, the South African universities involved, students and university staff who have been awarded scholarships;
– the impact of the programme on, inter alia, the development of high-level human resources in South Africa, the internationalisation of higher education in South Africa, and the relationship between South Africa and the EU in general;
– the sustainability of the benefits derived from the programme, focusing on existing and potential spin-offs;
(b) to document lessons learned during the implementation of Erasmus Mundus Action 2 in South Africa and in other countries or regions, and during the implementation of other major mobility programmes world-wide;
(c) to make recommendations for improving the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability of the programme.
The services to be provided must be rendered in accordance with the published EC Project Cycle Management Guidelines, and will include:
• Assessment of the programme and projects with respect to the following key evaluation criteria: relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability.
• Detailed and comprehensive documentation of lessons learned, for the benefit of the funder and the South African implementing partners.
• The provision of recommendations to enhance the programme’s relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability, also focusing on mechanisms for sustained involvement of alumni, effective in-country monitoring, and enhancing the participation of disadvantaged HEIs and individuals.
A team of two Senior experts is required.
The minimum requirement is that both experts must have education equivalent to a Masters Degree, and at least 10 years’ experience in higher education. In the absence of a Masters Degree, a relevant Bachelors Degree and 15 years’ relevant experience are required.
The Framework Contractor must designate the expert who will be the Team Leader.
The Team Leader who will be required to work for 35 days. The other expert will be required to work for 30 days.
Collectively the two Senior experts must cover the following key areas of expertise:
• Knowledge and experience of project evaluation as demonstrated by project evaluations undertaken during the past five years. Experience in the evaluation of mobility programmes in higher education will be a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of project monitoring.
• Knowledge of the internationalisation of higher education.
• Knowledge of higher education in South Africa.
Both experts must be fluent in spoken and written English, and must have excellent technical writing skills.
Work language: English
Apply: Laura Giallombardo e-mail