Organization: CHF International
Closing date: 04-Jul-2012
Job Level: Senior-level
CHF International’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low- and moderate-income communities around the world, helping them to improve their social, economic and environmental conditions.
CHF International is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for the proposed USAID-funded Governance, Accountability, Participation and Performance (GAPP) Program in Uganda. This 5 year project will focus on increasing participation, accountability and local governance for more effective service delivery. GAPP shall focus on three key components to enhance accountability, improve local governance, and support Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) participation in seeking improved services: support and strengthen national level government accountability institutions in their interaction with local governments; strengthen local government revenue, procurement, financial and planning systems; and strengthen CSOs and other non-state actors to improve voice and accountability.
The M&E Specialist will develop and manage the M&E system for the program. In particular, the M&E Specialist will be responsible for: implementing and updating the Performance Management Plan to ensure consistent data collection and management; and tie program objectives to broader USAID Strategic Objectives; managing the data collection process to include schedules, logistics and methodologies in coordination with data collection teams and other staff; analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data; and reporting on activities, accomplishments, and results for USAID deliverables and reports including weekly, quarterly, annual, and other ad hoc reports.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Specialized training in Monitoring and Evaluation required
- 7+ years of experience in managing monitoring and evaluation activities on large, complex donor-funded international development projects
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, tools, and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of advanced statistics and research methodology, including skills in sampling techniques and methodologies, professional use of computer software for statistical and other relevant applications (such as SPSS, STATA and spreadsheets).
- Experience with impact assessment and change management.
- Prior experience on USAID Feed the Future projects preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, ACCESS and/or other database programs.
- Excellent presentation/training skills, including experience in the design and facilitation of short- and long-term training programs;
- Prior experience in Ghana or West Africa preferred