Country/Region: Eastern Europe
Contract Length: Short-term consulting assignment
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.
CIPE is seeking an Evaluation Specialist to conduct an independent assessment of a donor-funded program in Eastern Europe focused on capacity-building for business associations and private sector policy advocacy. This position is a short-term consultancy, and will be based in the field with travel within Eastern Europe. The consultant will conduct a detailed evaluation of the project’s advocacy methods and results and the development of partner organizations to date, as well as identify on-going needs and recommendations for areas of improvement.
The consultant will work closely with CIPE’s Senior Program Officer and Evaluation Officer based in D.C.
- Extensive experience working on donor-funded projects, especially for USAID
- Demonstrated experience in designing and conducting external evaluations as an independent consultant.
- Demonstrated experience assessing organizational development and private sector or other civil society advocacy.
- Familiarity with business associations is preferred.
- Excellence in writing, reporting and English composition
- Knowledge of the various domestic political and economic contexts, as well as regional issues is preferred.
- Fluency in written and verbal Russian
- Significant mid- to senior-level experience in international development
- Excellent report writing and a strong team orientation
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a small team
- Excellent analytical skills and very good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- A Master’s degree or above in international development, economics, public policy or related field
- Demonstrated competency in standard Windows-based office software
- Effective interpersonal and team-play skills
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, writing sample and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject “Evaluation-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
There is a five-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.