Organization: American Institutes for Research (AIR)
Job ID: 6565
AIR’s International Development Program seeks to enhance the capacity of developing countries to improve their quality of life through social development, behavioral change and education. Our work empowers individuals, communities, and institutions as agents of social and behavioral change.
AIR’s Impact Evaluation and Research in Developing Countries practice involves business development, working with policymakers and practitioners to build a common understanding of relevant policy and field-based questions, developing appropriate research designs and data collection plans, monitoring of data collection, analysis and report writing, and client presentations. The information can be used for purposes such as needs assessment, assessment of program and policy effectiveness cost/benefit analysis, policy analysis, and process monitoring.
The selected candidate will provide intellectual, technical and managerial leadership to AIR’s Impact Evaluation and Research in Developing Countries practice and within the field in general. The essential functions of the position include:
– Lead the growth and development of AIR’s Impact Evaluation and Research in Developing Countries practice through business development, client relationship and capacity building activities
– Lead proposals to build AIR’s Impact Evaluation and Research in Developing Countries practice.
– Provide technical expertise to clients, AIR staff, partners and policy makers.
– Effectively manage complex projects, resources and staff.
– Apply entrepreneurial, creative thinking and problem solving skills in leading the practice.
– Participate in professional and staff development activities, especially in impact evaluation and research work and International Development-related topics.
– PhD in Economics, Quantitative Sociology, Social/Education/Public Policy or similar social science, preferably in an international context with an emphasis on quantitative methodology and evaluation design, measurement, statistics, or related substantive area. Master’s degree in a related area with additional experience may be considered.
– At least 7 years of related experience in Impact Evaluation and Research in Developing Countries.
– Demonstrated leadership and recognition in Impact Evaluation and Research in Developing Countries.
– Proven success in the evaluation of large or complex development projects and/or related policies.
– Experience providing consulting or technical assistance to clients in developing countries.
– Effective project management skills, including budgets, staff, deliverables and client/subcontractor relationships.
– Demonstrated interest and capacity to lead proposals and other development work to support AIR’s growth in Developing Countries.
– Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor and grow staff.