Organization: Human dynamics
Key Expert: Key expert 4 – Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist; Key expert 5 – Institutional Strengthening Specialist
Length of engagement: Long-term
Tender Submission Deadline: 01/05/2012
Duration: 440 work days over 48 months
Start: September 2012
Location: Asia, ASEAN Member States — Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, LaoPeople’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
The overall objective of the ‘ASEAN regional integration support’ programme by the EU (ARISE) is to support the ASEAN economic integration process through contributing to the implementation of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) blueprint for the realisation of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). The purpose of the programme is to enhance the capacities of the ASEAN Member States in harmonising and implementing policies and regulations in the economic and trade sectors and implementing them effectively drawing on EU experience, so as to contribute to the realisation of the AEC.
- Component I will provide support to the strengthening of the management of the overall regional economic integration process. This will be a demand-responsive facility that can provide support to various ASEAN institutions and bodies with the aim of strengthening the institutional arrangements and management of the regional economic integration process.
- Component II will seek to support concrete regional integration results through targeted support to areas with strong ASEAN commitment to advancing the regional economic integration agenda. The support will focus on customs integration/transit arrangements and technical barriers to trade, including standards. The support will target the ASEAN Secretariat, the relevant ASEAN working groups and, to a limited extent, follow-up actions in specific ASEAN Member States. The specific activities will be further detailed reflecting inter alia the ASEAN Member States’ readiness to implement the relevant economic integration measures.
- Component III will seek to enhance the capacity of the ASEAN Secretariat, inter alia through provisions for temporary increases of staff to support the integration process and the functioning of the ASEAN Secretariat.
The monitoring and evaluation specialist will assist the ASEAN Secretariat in monitoring the progresses and results achieved in all areas supported by the programme (i.e: high level institutional strengthening (component I), ASEAN economic integration in Standards, Transport, Customs (component II); and the ASEAN Secretariat capacity building (component III).
Qualifications and skills:
– At least a University degree in economics, other relevant disciplines
– Excellent command of spoken and written English
– Knowledge of one or more languages of the ASEAN countries would be an advantage
– Good reporting and presentation skills
General professional experience:
– Preferably 15 years of professional experience in areas related to trade and economic cooperation, including design, management and/or evaluation of technical assistance projects
– Strong methodological background and proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects
– Working experience in Southeast Asia and ASEAN and in particular related to regional integration would be an advantage
– Proven track record and experience with project identification appraisal and design, in line with EU procedures and regulations.
Specific professional experience:
– Proven experience in the evaluation of EU technical assistance projects, as well as considerable familiarity with regional economic integration issues in South East Asia or elsewhere
– Knowledge about the EU’s Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Methodology is mandatory
– Previous assignments in this sector in South East Asia will be a strong asset
– Knowledge of EU-ASEAN relations
Contact name: Gregory Whye
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org