Closing date: 31.03.2012
Assignment period: The intended commencement date is September 2012 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date. Working time for this position is part-time (440 working days in four years) in Jakarta.
Field of activity
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (IS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services and his consortia are shortlisted for an up-coming EC-funded project: Technical Assistance for the ASEAN Regional Integration Support by the European Union (ARISE).
The ASEAN Regional Integration Support from the EU (ARISE), also called ASEAN Economic Integration Support Programme, has the overall objective to support ASEAN Economic Integration process through contributing to the implementation of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) Blueprint for the realisation of the AEC.
ARISE purpose is to enhance the capacities of the ASEAN Member States in harmonizing and implementing policies and regulations in the economic and trade sectors and implement them effectively drawing on EU experience, so as to contribute to the realization of the AEC. The programme will also enhance the capacity of the ASEAN Secretariat to support ASEAN Member States in this endeavour.
The monitoring and evaluation specialist (m/f) will assist the ASEAN Secretariat in monitoring the progresses and results achieved in all areas supported by the programme (i.e: high level institutional strengthening (component I), ASEAN economic integration in Standards, Transport, Customs (component II); and the ASEAN Secretariat capacity building (component III).
Qualifications and skills
– At least a University degree in economics, other relevant disciplines;
– Excellent command of spoken and written English;
– Knowledge of one or more languages of the ASEAN countries would be an advantage;
– Good reporting and presentation skills.
General professional experience
– Preferably 15 years of professional experience in areas related to trade and economic cooperation, including design, management and/or evaluation of technical assistance projects;
– Strong methodological background and proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects;
– Working experience in Southeast Asia and ASEAN and in particular related to regional integration would be an advantage;
– Proven track record and experience with project identification appraisal and design, in line with EU procedures and regulations.
Specific professional experience
– Proven experience in the evaluation of EU technical assistance projects, as well as considerable familiarity with regional economic integration issues in South East Asia or elsewhere.
– Knowledge about the EU’s Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Methodology is mandatory.
– Previous assignments in this sector in South East Asia will be a strong asset;
– Knowledge of EU-ASEAN relations.
Please provide a CV in EC/Europeaid format in English.
++49 – (0)6196 – 79 – 2186