Organization United Nations Development Programm (UNDP)
Location : Kuwait, KUWAIT
Application Deadline : 24-Mar-12
Languages Required : Arabic English
Expected Duration of Assignment : 12 months
The State of Kuwait in coordination with UNDP strives to enhance institutional efficiency in the Supreme Council for Planning and Development especially in improving performance and coping with myriad management and technical skills needed at the sector for Follow Up and Development Performance Assessment (Asst. Undersecretary- Follow Up and Development Performance Assessment). SCPD has called for an expert with expertise in IT and Development Performance Evaluation systems to assist the staff at the office of the Assistant Secretary General for Follow Up and Development Performance Assessment in that respect.
- Contribute to the objectives of the sector for Follow Up and Development Performance Assessment akin to raising the efficiency of the human resources at the beneficiary in the field of Development Performance Evaluation.
- Draft an operational plan to develop the Development Performance Evaluation system and improve its outcome.
- Ensure a workable road map for the sector capable of achieving its objectives in training.
- Explore new work system that would enhance process and avoid bottlenecks in application of procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant is required to:
- develop an operational plan for training in the area of Development Performance Evaluation. Train cadre in their respective expertise in the area of Development Performance Evaluation specifically in standards, methodologies and systems required to best evaluate Development Performance.
- prepare a database and IT systems capable to meet the needs of the Development Performance Evaluation functions at the beneficiary’s.
- Draft quarterly and yearly Plan follow up reports.
- Conduct research on issues related to the functions at the request of the beneficiary and introduce best practices.
- develop the sector’s plans as to improve the functions of the department of Development Performance Evaluation.
- Develop early warning, future projection and crisis management systems to serve the priorities of the development plan.
- conduct topical research per the request of the beneficiary.
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Awareness of the need for development and operational effectiveness
- In depth knowledge and strong track record of using internationally oriented programs and instruments
- Good understanding of the rules governing program management and implementation modalities as set by the beneficiary. This attribute is a plus.
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programs and projects,
- Strong communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- PhD in Sociology or Human resources with proven track record of research in Development Performance Evaluation..
- Professional experience not less than 5 years in the field of preparing indicators of planning and Development Performance Evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of KPI’s and Development Performance Evaluation reporting.
- Akin experience in GCC and Kuwait in particular is a plus.
- Advanced IT skills
- Excellent communication skills (Arabic-English) is a must.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.