Closing date: 5.00pm (ACDT) Friday 23 March 2012
Position Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Long term contract: until 31 March 2014 with possibility of extension
Reports to: PLGP Team Leader
Project: Provincial and Local-level Governments Program (PLGP)
Duration of Assignment: Contract until 31 March 2014 with possibility of extension
Location: Based in Port Moresby, PNG
Authorised by: Michael Brownjohn, Contractor Representative
Discipline (A, B, C, D): C
Level (1, 2, 3 or 4): 3
Coffey International Limited is a specialist professional services consultancy specialising in geosciences, international development, and project management. Operating for more than 52 years, we are well known in our markets for deep technical skills and market-leading solutions to complex tasks. Coffey is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: COF).
Our international development consulting business is one of the most trusted and experienced around the world, working alongside governments and agencies to strengthen local communities. We use our specialist expertise and local knowledge to deliver programs that build long-lasting local capacity and improve a range of social indicators. Our regional offices have strong affiliations with key governments and are based in Australia, the United States of America and the United Kingdom.
The Coffey Candidate Management System uses a candidate email address as a key identifier and this is also the primary method of all communication relating to potential job opportunities. As such, we strongly encourage you to use your permanent email address in our system and that you update this where it may change.
Provincial and Local-level Governments Program
The PNG Provincial and Local-level Governments Program (PLGP) is a partnership between the governments of Australia and PNG to support and improve the quality of decentralised service delivery to the people of PNG through capacity development of provincial governments and other key national agencies. PLGP is seeking applications for this senior program position to provide technical M&E support and leadership to this multi-location, multi-disciplinary team, and its interaction with key stakeholders.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will provide oversight of the program’s monitoring and evaluation responsibilities including developing and implementing the M&E Framework, systems and processes and reporting against performance indicators. The position will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of PLGP systems and procedures and capacity building activities and will work collaboratively with AusAID and PLGP stakeholders on M&E activities.
The PNG Provincial and Local-level Governments Program (PLGP) is a partnership between the governments of Australia and PNG to support and improve the quality of decentralised service delivery to the people of PNG through capacity development of provincial governments and other key national agencies. PLGP is seeking applications from highly experienced development professionals to provide support and leadership to a multi-location, multi-disciplinary team, and its interaction with key stakeholders.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will provide oversight of the program’s monitoring and evaluation responsibilities including developing and implementing the M&E Framework, systems and processes and reporting against performance indicators. The M&E Manager will monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of PLGP systems and procedures, as well the effectiveness of capacity building activities.
Accountability / Performance Management / Working Relationships
- The M&E Manager will report to the PLGP Team Leader.
- The M&E Manager will be accountable to PLGP Team Leader
- The M&E Manager will work closely with Program Advisers and Government stakeholders
The expected outcomes of the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager role are:
- Production of a detailed Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (MEF) and establishment of processes and systems to operationalise the MEF. The MEF will include:
– Recommendations for baseline information
Job and Person Specification Provincial and Local-level Governments Program- Timeframe for collection
– Methodology for monitoring capacity building
- Annual updates of the MEF
- Regular reports provided to AusAID and PLLSMA on progress and disaggregated data
The responsibilities of the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager are outlined as follows:
- Oversee the performance of the Contractor’s monitoring and evaluation responsibilities, including the production of a detailed Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (MEF) and establishing the processes and systems to implement the MEF and supervise its implementation.
- Establish baseline information relating to key performance areas, including capacity building, and a methodology for monitoring capacity change.
- Work collaboratively with the PLGP Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser, AusAID and the GoPNG and undertake data gathering and reporting in accordance with the MEF.
- Support the distribution of information to meet both learning and accountability needs of PLGP Stakeholders.
- Institute and implement systems to assess the effectiveness of the Contractor’s own processes, including recruitment, management of human resources, logistical support and financial management that provide valid, reliable and useful conclusions that can be used to inform improvements to the Contractor’s systems and procedures.
Women are encouraged to apply to this position
To be considered for this position, applicants will be tertiary qualified and will need to demonstrate significant experience monitoring and evaluating international development programs, ideally in the context of governance or service delivery programs, combined with the ability to engage with and develop strong relationships with a range of stakeholders including senior partner government officials. An understanding of development effectiveness principles and cross cutting development themes will be required.
*For further information on the AusAID Adviser Remuneration Framework please visit www.ausaid.gov.au
For further information on how to apply please contact, Ms Kali Sercombe at Kali_Sercombe@coffey.com.