Organization: Management Systems International
The Ethiopia Performance Management System (EPMS) Project is a two year initiative to be implemented by Management Systems International (MSI) to assist USAID/Ethiopia Technical Teams (Education, Health (including HIV/AIDS), Economic Growth, Food Aid and other Humanitarian Assistance, and Democracy and Governance) in carrying out their performance measurement, activity monitoring, and planning responsibilities in compliance with the ADS guidelines.
The Junior Evaluation Specialist will support and assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in ensuring that the Performance Management Plans of USAID’s implementing partners meet Agency and Mission standards, that the Data Quality Assessments are undertaken in a timely and rigorous fashion, and that data is collated for the Mission’s Annual Report.
Please note: This is a local position. Only Ethiopian citizens are eligible to apply.
• Assist the M&E Specialist, develop, refine and document the Mission’s Performance Management Plans (PMPs;
• Assist the M&E Specialist review the EG performance monitoring plans of on-going and newly designed USAID activities to ensure capacity to report impact;
• Help ensure that audit requirements related to data quality are met for PMP indicators;
• In coordination with the M&E Specialist, help ensure that implementing partners know how to report against the appropriate standardized and custom indicators in the web-based PMS to produce the annual PPR and PEPFAR report;
• Assist the M&E Specialist in ensuring that indicators at the strategic objective and intermediate level results are being tracked with sufficient rigor to determine impact of the program;
• Prepare dissemination products and in improved utilization of M&E information to improve programs; and
• Support the maintenance of the EPMS databases;
• Experience with data entry and analysis required
• Experience with survey design and use of various research tools (questionnaires, focus groups)
• Excellent analytical, writing and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to take initiative
• Excellent client relationship skills & interpersonal skills
• Exposure to the USAID rules and regulations relating to performance management preferred
• Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, statistical analysis and database programs
• At least 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience. Experience on evaluation teams or with comparable data collection efforts is preferred.
• Experience with data collection procedures, and manipulation of large databases.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.