Closing date: 21. March 2012.
Assignment period: 01.05.2012 – 31.12.2013
Field of activity
The Risk Management Project (RM) Afghanistan for GIZ and KfW contributes to the implementation of all development cooperation measures by the German governmental implementing organisations in Afghanistan. It lays the foundation for the successful implementation of the planned development measures and thus supports the development goals set by the Afghan Government. The German Governmental Development Organizations (GGDO) in Afghanistan are committed to the development of procedures and practices which are aimed to ensure the security of all the GGDO staff as well as the security of consultants and visitors. Standard security procedures and practices demand an effective flow of information which then serves as a base for decision makers on sensible approaches towards project implementation.
The Risk Management System is implemented by risk management offices (RMOs) in Kabul and in other project regions (10 RMOs and 2 coordinating offices). The support components of the project include advice, analysis on peace and conflict assessment, security and risk assessments for project implementation, training to national and international personnel as well as material and equipment for RMOs.
In order to ensure transparency on the results and impacts of the project for its management, the RM has started to further develop a more robust and inclusive results-based impact monitoring system. The monitoring system is currently under development and it should identify the outputs, results and impacts of the RM. It will qualify the results according to their relevancy, efficiency, impact and sustainability.
The (Junior-) Quality, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (Quality and M&E Advisor) will report to the Unit Head of TAF- Training Administration and Finance- which includes support to quality and evaluation to the training unit as well as planning of RMO core management meetings and project planning workshops). He/she will be mainly responsible for evaluating the results of the components activities, the impact of RMO interventions, the quality of the support and services provided by the RMOs and the overall effectiveness of the risk management strategy. He/she will work in close collaboration with the unit heads of the RM (Operations Component, TAF Component and RACA- Risk Analysis and Conflict Assessment Component).
His/her responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the development and implementation of the overall Risk Management Quality Assurance and M&E System.
- Lead the implementation of evaluation tools.
- Design, analyze and write reports on the feedback from the Risk Management Poll, as well as support the training and operations components with their quality evaluation surveys.
- Develop a system and follow-up with the RMOs on the progress they have made towards the improvement of the RM service delivery.
- Develop further appropriate indicators together with the component heads to adjust adapt and improve the impact chains and the M&E System.
- Further develop/ improve instruments for the measurement of user (client) satisfaction and acceptance of the RM Strategy.
- Develop the Risk Management Annual Report.
- Represent the RMO in the Public Relations Unit Meetings of the GIZ-country Office.
- Support in the development and information content of the Risk Information Portal.
- Design, organize and facilitate RM Core Management Team Meetings and project planning workshops.
- Support all RM components to meet their internal Quality Evaluation and M&E needs.
You have an advanced university degree in management, economics, political sciences or other relevant qualifications (Masters is a plus).You have excellent analytical skills and have had experience applying both qualitative and quantitative evaluation tools. You have experience in program evaluation and impact measurement in any field, but you also have some experience and/or knowledge of security and risk management and some understanding of the political and conflict situations given in hostile environment – especially Afghanistan. You have experience in GIZ project implementation tools and evaluation systems. You are an inspiring, strong team player and consensus builder, and you have strong interpersonal skills. You are well organized and have excellent writing and communication skills. You are fluent in German and English.
What we offer you
With an international remit and a multicultural working atmosphere, we are successful because we share knowledge across disciplinary frontiers. Your professional and personal development is important to us. Whether it is the multifacetted day-to-day challenges in one of our partner countries or the considerable scope for applying creativity in your work – there are plenty of good reasons to join our motivated team.
The security management provisions in place require that you are flexible, and adapt and restrict your mobility and working methods accordingly. Afghanistan is not suitable for accompanying family members. To assess your competences as part of our internal selection process, please complete the online competence questionnaire and submit it with your online application. Please check your spam or junk folder in your e-mail inbox regularly following submission of your application, as some providers may put e-mails from our e-recruitment system into these folders.
++49 – (0)6196 – 79 – 2130