Organization: Management Systems International
The Egypt Civil Society Support project assesses the organizational development of its portfolio of grantees, and provides targeted technical support based on grantee request and priority area. Technical support areas include Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), capacity building, and financial management.
The M&E Specialist will be based in Cairo, Egypt, and is expected to remain in the position until the currently anticipated end of the program in September 2013. The primary objective of the project is to strengthen the institutional capacity of Egyptian civil society organizations. The M&E Specialist reports to the M&E Advisor and is responsible for developing the overall M&E capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs) and the M&E skills and knowledge of CSO staff. Critical tasks for the M&E Specialist may include but are not limited to the following responsibilities.
*Please Note: This is a local position, with a local salary and benefits package.*
• Conducting M&E assessments to determine training and assistance needs of a portfolio of CSOs;
• Developing M&E improvement plans to address the needs of individual CSOs;
• Working closely with the M&E Advisor to design and implement training workshops, on-site mentoring and other interventions such as e-learning modules to strengthen the M&E capacity of CSOs;
• Assisting CSOs to develop overall M&E systems and project-specific logical frameworks that include clear objectives, activities, inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts;
• Developing or compiling M&E templates and tools for CSOs;
• Reviewing and analyzing project-specific progress reports (quarterly and annual) and stand-alone M&E reports;
• Conducting monthly site visits and providing detailed monthly status reports on CSOs;
• Holding regular debriefing meetings with M&E Advisor, COP and other project staff to report on CSO progress, successes and challenges;
• Degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university;
• At least three years of proven work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation;
• Demonstrated skills in M&E system design, methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and approaches;
• At least two years of experience in training, consulting or on-the-job coaching;
• Previous experience working in the Egyptian civil society sector preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations, particularly multi-cultural teams;
• Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders;
• Excellent analytical and report writing skills (in English);
• Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic; and
• Residency in Egypt required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.