Organization: VGMI Partners
Project name: Midterm evaluation of the rural advancement micro projects Programme (RAMP) in the Solomon Islands
Position #1: Rural Development and Participatory Planning Junior Expert
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING CVs is March 22, 2012
Staring period: April 16, 2012
Duration: 25 w/d
The overall objective of this assignment is to provide an independent assessment regarding the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and possible impact and sustainability of RAMP programme to date and to provide recommendations for the ongoing implementation with specific reference to the establishment and improvement of M&E arrangements, the successful completion of sustainable community-driven micro projects and income-generating activities
ToR is available upon request.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least: Master degree in Rural Social Development or similar social sciences
- Fluent in English with excellent reporting, interpersonal and communication skills
- At least 3 years practical experience working in the implementation and / or evaluation of development programmes with rural communities.
- Computer literate, and familiar with project cycle management techniques
- Experience of working with NGOs and NSAs.
- previous experience of implementing grant projects in the field
- Practical experience of participatory development work with rural communities.
- Practical experience in community based social infrastructure projects, livelihoods projects, as well as on equality issues.
- Experience in verification, analysing and assessment of the integration and impact of relevant cross cutting issues (gender equality, environmental considerations)
- Experience in projects’ evaluation (evaluation of start up phase, launch of Call for Proposal, Evaluation of Proposals
- Experience with EU
- Previous experience with and practical knowledge of delivering micro projects programmes or similar
- Experience in Melanesia, the Pacific or similar small island states
A brief methodology should be presented (four pages maximum)
PLEASE INDICATE IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL THE PROJECT TITLE AND WHICH POST YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
Applications and updated CV (in EU format) should be submitted to email@example.com
Only internally selected candidates will be contacted