DESCRIPTION OF DEPARTMENT:
The current Pakistan County Team consists of an Assistant Regional Manager, a Programme Coordinator, M&E Officer, a Humanitarian Response Officer, a Livelihood Officer, a Gender Officer, two Programme Assistants, an Administration & Finance Manager, and assistant and support staff.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The primary function of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is to lead Trócaire’s monitoring and evaluation of programmes by guiding, supporting and leading design and implementation of appropriate and effective M&E systems and procedures that meet Sphere and other minimum standards. The M&E Officer will support Trócaire and partner staff in creating and implementing M&E systems that lead to improved programme quality and accountability to participants of our programmes.
LOCATION: Islamabad, with potential travel in the region and to head office (Ireland)
CONTRACT DURATION: 2 years
CLOSING DATE: 16th March 2012
Program Support/Technical Assistance:
• Lead and support Trócaire and partner staff in the implementation of all M&E activities throughout the programme cycle, providing hands-on technical assistance in the development and implementation of M&E systems and tools, logic models, proposal and report submissions, and in conducting evaluations
• Ensure that accountability to beneficiaries (downward accountability) and their involvement at every stage of the project cycle is the critical lens though which an M&E framework is designed.
• Identify training needs and support capacity development in M&E skills, including mentoring as necessary for programme and partner staff
• Develop good working relations with partner organizations. Exchange information and experience and contribute actively to an M&E learning community within Trócaire and among partner organizations.
• Serve as the primary M&E contact person for Trócaire Pakistan
• Assist in the establishment and maintenance of mechanisms for capturing, analyzing, reporting, sharing and applying M&E findings, information, lessons learned, and best practices among Trócaire and partner staff.
• Participate in Regional planning and review meetings
• Meet other M&E requirements, as may arise in the programme
REQUIREMENTS FOR JOB:
Person Specification – Essential Requirements (E)
• Graduate degree in a directly related field, such as operations research, quantitative analysis, etc.
• Significant work experience in a directly related field will be considered in lieu of graduate degree.
• Two years of relevant professional M&E experience
• Thorough familiarity with the principles and current approaches to M&E, using both quantitative and qualitative methods, in all stages of programme cycle management.
• Demonstrated M&E field experience; skilled in collecting, synthesizing and analyzing data to meet both organisational and donor priorities.
• Experience developing SMART indicators and M&E systems that would capture the impact of Trócaire’s work
• Understanding of donor expectations and trends for M&E.
• Experience of working closely and in participation with local communities in the development and implementation of M&E systems
• Experience in producing timely, detailed, accurate and informative reports to meet organisational and donor requirements
• Familiarity with Sphere and other minimum standards for humanitarian response
• Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
• Excellent analytic and research skills
• Excellent computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team.
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to manage heavy workloads, to multitask and to meet deadlines
• A sensitive and patient approach to advising and mentoring of partners
• Dynamic and willing to take initiative
• A team player but also willing and able to work with minimal supervision
• Capacity to be flexible and adaptable to changing contexts and priorities
• Deep commitment to social justice.
• Experience working in a complex humanitarian context
• Familiarity with the Pakistani context
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply please download application form below and returned completed form to Jason Rice, Human Resources Officer, Trocaire, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org