Organization: Management Systems International
MSI was awarded a three-year contract with USAID/Sudan on a project named SUPPORT (Services Under Program and Project Offices for Results Tracking), and tasked with the responsibility of executing functions normally associated with USAID’s Program and Communications offices. As a part of the SUPPORT project, MSI is currently establishing an office compound suitable for USAID and partner meetings in Southern Sudan, hiring technical and support staff and facilitating VIP visits. For more information on our Sudan project (Services Under Program and Project Offices for Results Tracking – SUPPORT) please follow this link: http://www.msiworldwide.com/index.cfm?msiweb=project&p_id=150.
MSI is seeking a Team Leader to conduct a performance evaluation of the Sudan Health Transformation Program (SHTP) II and what challenges still remain in the health sector in Sudan. This consultancy is for 45 days LOE and will start on approximately April 15, 2012. The team leader will supervise one or more team members, and will work closely with USAID to develop a plan for conducting the evaluation and schedule for timely completion.
• Assess program performance in meeting targets and accomplishing its three key objectives.
• Assess how the program has supported the transition from relief to development, specifically the systems strengthening component.
• Assess the project’s accomplishments, as well as challenges that remain, and areas that should be the focus of future activities.
• Make recommendations to assist future programs, including identifying lessons learned and recommendations for future strategies.
• Team Leader is responsible for the production of the final report.
• At least fifteen years of experience assessing or evaluating USAID-supported health projects
• Previous experience serving as a Team Leader on a USAID-supported health project
• Previous experience working in Africa
• Experience in facilitation and providing leadership in collaborative and participatory evaluations with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Ability to produce preliminary and final reports on time
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.