Organization: Management Systems International
MSI is currently seeking an Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist as part of a as part of a four-year project to support a USAID-funded Northern Mali Development Program (NOMADE). The project is targeted to support regions in northern Mali to improve efficiency of local government operations as part of an effort to improve security and reconciliation in northern Mali. The objective of the project is to work closely with local government institutions to improve public services and infrastructure while also providing economic growth opportunities to the northern regions.
The M&E Specialist will report directly to the project Chief of Party (COP) and will work closely with the DCOP and technical teams in the development of regular performance reports. The position duties include overseeing the project’s PMP and ensuring high-level quality tracking of all performance measurement indicators and reporting. The position will be responsible for all data collection, storage and reporting and will be responsible for training data collection staff and ensuring high quality of data. The M&E Specialist will also oversee the design, development and management of the project database system. The M&E Specialist is also responsible for any recommendations made to adjust M&E systems and/or definitions to improve tracking systems. The M&E Officer position is full-time and is expected to begin in September 1, 2012 through September 2016 at a full-time level of effort.
*Please note: This is a local position. Only Malian citizens are eligible to apply.*
• Oversee all aspects of the performance measurement support for the project;
• Ensure that all project staff has a clear understanding of the results framework including definitions, targets and data collection sources and collection cycle;
• Work with technical staff to design tracking and data collection tools and guides, including development of Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP), ad-hoc evaluations and schedule;
• Train all data collection staff and consultants on data collection methodology and tools and ensure quality control supervision in the field;
• Oversee internal ad-hoc assessments and special studies as needed;
• Oversee the M&E database including data entry process, security of data and analysis of data;
• Coordinate with COP and USAID on data quality assessments and external evaluations; and
• Develop quarterly progress reports and annual reports based on results framework.
• Degree in statistics, demography, social sciences, or a related area;
• Previous experience developing and implementing PMPs, monitoring instruments, baseline data collection, and M&E storage systems on donor-funded projects;
• Demonstrated experience conducting surveys and evaluations;
• Previous experience conducting field work in northern Mali;
• English language fluency and some knowledge of Arabic, French or other local language preferred;
• Ability to travel as necessary throughout northern Mali.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.