Job Location: Naimey with field trips to Zinder
Reports to: Country Director (CD)
Length of Contract: 12 months (initially 3 months probationary)
GOAL is a secular, non-governmental international humanitarian organisation dedicated to the alleviation of suffering among the poorest of the poor in the developing world.
Summary of Role:
The M&E Co-ordinator will provide technical support to the implementation of quantitative and qualitative activities including; recording, documenting and internalizing experiences within the GOAL Niger programmes and will strengthen the capacity of the organisation to develop and implement a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework to ensure evidence-based programming and donor compliance.
1.) Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Coordinate GOAL Niger’s overall country Monitoring and Evaluation plan.
- Support the development of an evaluation system that will provide information for measuring outcomes and impact of GOAL’s projects.
- Co-ordinate, supervise and review all GOAL Niger’s evaluations, surveys and other evaluations as required, ensuring all M&E activities are carried out in line with GOAL’s M&E framework.
- Ensure that processes are in place to allow for systematic and inclusive feedback to communities and stakeholders on all evaluations undertaken.
- Designing and carrying out and/or supervising outcome evaluations across all program areas.
- Develop an individual detailed M&E plan for each project and monitor for implementation and quality of plan.
- In collaboration with the CD/ACD, ensure each project has the necessary resources and capacity to implement M&E activities.
- Support and carry out regular monitoring of standard indicators, activities and outputs of projects.
- Support project managers to identify and resolve monitoring problems at individual project level.
- Coordinate the roll out and maintenance of a comprehensive surveys baseline across all programmes.
- Familiarize self, understand and implement, according to area of responsibility, GOAL’s policies and procedures on mainstreaming of Gender, HIV/AIDS and Child Protection.
- Ensure that M&E systems are harmonized with and meeting the needs of Compliance Requirements in collaboration with Compliance officer.
- Put in place a external experts data base and keep relevant and up to date.
- Gather information to serve as an input for the strategic and annual planning of GOAL Niger.
- Provide line manager with monthly report on the implementation of the work plans and achievement of objectives.
- Coordinate with M&E Coordinator HQ Dublin on any joint country initiatives or feedback on development of organizational research and evaluation.
2.) Coordinate the overall country learning
- Promote and strengthened the understanding of the importance of M&E within the program teams and the use and /or analysis of M&E systems during program design and implementation.
- Build M&E capacity of all program staff through training and on the job support.
- As part of the learning function, seek to identify learning points across the range of work carried out and identify opportunities to share this learning through meetings, workshops, reports etc.
- Design and carry out or supervise assessments, research exercises etc as appropriate and possible support to programme development, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Design, implement and case studies across the programme.
- Promote strengthened understanding and capacities within project and programme teams on M&E, and the use and /or analysis of M&E systems at the project and partner levels.
• A primary Degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Development Studies or relevant discipline.
• At least 3+ years of implementing surveys and other research activities within an NGO environment.
• Demonstrated experience in applying quantitative and qualitative/participatory research methods.
• Capacity to build the M&E skills of colleagues and community members.
• Understanding of mainstreaming principles and experience of working on mainstreaming activities.
• Confident presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision of trainings.
• Proficiency in using standard computer software, especially MS office as well as data entry/statistical packages, such as MS Access, SPSS, Minitab, Epi Info.
• Ability to under pressure, with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge of Sphere and commitment to humanitarian principles.
• Excellent oral and written (English) communication skills.
• Excellent oral and written (French) communication skills.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
If you would like to apply for the above position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring that the job title and location of the role are clearly stated in the subject line of your email. Thank you.