Organization: Terre des hommes
Position Start Date: Asap
Project Duration: 8 months contract
Location: Afghanistan – Kabul
Reportis: Child Rights Consortium Programme Coordinator
Supervises: 1 national staff (senior database officer)
Swiss salaried contract 3 347 Chf (~2600€) < > 4476 Chf (~3500€) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year + R&R system including 5 days every 10 weeks + participation to the cost of travel up to a maximum of 1000 USD. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight. Details of conditions and advantages
Since June 2003, Terre des hommes (Tdh) has been leading the Child Rights Consortium (CRC), made up of national and international NGO’s funded by the European Commission (EC). The aim of the CRC is to provide support to the neediest among the most vulnerable children of Afghanistan. Its 2008-2012 programme of action specifically targets children working in the street, children working on and across the border with Pakistan, children working in exploitative conditions in small businesses, children in conflict with the law, children marginalized by disability and survivors of abuse. The CRC advocates for the rights of the child in line with Afghanistan’s commitment to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (ratified 1994) and the Millennium Development Goals (signatory 2003), and with the national Constitution (2004) and current national plans (Afghanistan National Development Strategy 2008-2013, Social Protection).
CRC III is a joint project of 3 national and international NGOs: ASCHIANA, Loy Kandahar Reconstruction Organization (LKRO), and Tdh. It is funded by the European Commission to improve the living conditions of streets and working children and their families in Afghanistan, and to advocate for the Rights of the Child, particularly those who are beneficiaries of the CRC III programme.
The post holder will support the senior database officer and the partners to ensure the accuracy of the data collected/registered, the management of the databases, and the databases reports. She/he will guide the senior database officer in the monitoring of the overall programme and indicators on a regular basis and in the provision of statistical and narrative outputs of data, including feedback and recommendations. She/he will train all the database officers to ensure the required quantity and quality of the data collected/registered and of the reporting.
- To support the senior database officer and partners in the development and update of monitoring tools/materials for the programme, taking into consideration each indicator and the key project documents (narrative, Log frame time bar chart and budget), in consultation with the CRC Coordinator.
- To ensure the management of the databases and regular backups, the accuracy of the data by cross checking regularly the information, in close collaboration with the senior data base officer and the partners.
- To supervise the monitoring systems and its output at project level; to give regular feedbacks and recommendations to the CRC Coordinator.
- To ensure the capitalization of Monitoring and Evaluation good practices and main lessons learnt since the beginning of the programme; to maintain a capitalization folder on Monitoring and Evaluation; to participate in the development of reference documents for the mission, and to participate actively in the cost analysis of the CRC interventions for the EC.
- To prepare and participate in all evaluations and impact surveys related to the programme, in close collaboration with the senior databases officer and the partners.
- To assess the needs in term of training and capacity building and to develop a curriculum and planning of training in consultation with the CRC Coordinator; to develop practical exercises, training material/tools, training impact assessment tools; to maintain a capitalization folder on Monitoring and Evaluation training.
- To train the senior database officer and the partners on the development and update of monitoring tools/materials for the programme in consultation with the CRC Coordinator.
- To train the senior database officer and the partners on the management of the databases and regular backups, monitoring of data registered, reporting and capitalization.
- To train the senior database officer to train and guide all the other databases officers on the training curriculum (training of trainer).
- To ensure the complete handover of some tasks to the senior database officer if he is enough trained.
- To produce specialized statistical progress reports, communication documents, case stories, testimonies, impact assessment and reports based on qualitative analysis, in close collaboration with the national database officer.
- To be responsible for the editing and final drafting of monthly and quarterly reports from partners in the field and onward submission to the CRC coordinator; to participate in the edition of CRC III final report, and all reports related to the programme.
- To contribute to the draft of document impact and achievements of CRC III in all key areas of intervention as per the requirements of the EC contract.
- To work closely with the senior database officer and the partners to keep updated the E-platform for CRC; to ensure that CRC E-platform contains relevant and timely information on CRC III including update on project implementation and other interested information to CRC III partners, stakeholders.
- To identify communication opportunities, to propose specific communication tools (leaflets, websites, blog, videos, pictures…) and to develop the CRC visibility in consultation with the CRC Coordinator and the Technical Team.
- To commit to respect the Child Protection Policy
- To commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Child Protection Policy in Afghanistan
- To commit to inform the head office and to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Child Protection Policy
Bachelor degree with 3 years in Monitoring and Evaluation experience, preferably in the development sector; Master, courses or training on project cycle management.
Experience in computer programme development through MS-Excel and/or Access and/or others; significant experience in the monitoring and evaluation of programme, development of tools, collection, registration, analysis of data, and reporting;
good experience in training and staff capacity building on Monitoring and Evaluation, data collection and analysis
Knowledge and technical skills:
Excellent written and spoken English
Ability to work under pressure in a restricted working environment; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; participatory and inclusive approach to management and work.
We will only consider complete online applications which correspond to the required profile.
Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter.
If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed, according to the rules on data protection.
If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our webmaster
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for children’s security and protection.