Organization: Hatchuel Tabernik & Associates
HTA is a consulting firm that offers a complete range of grant writing, research, evaluation, planning, and training for a client-base including public agencies, city and county government, educational institutions, non-profit organizations, and foundations. We work in the fields of: education, social services, criminal justice, workforce development, and other social science fields. We are flexible, creative and skilled in our approach.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented candidate for the Research and Evaluation Associate position. The Associate is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing evaluation activities, including literature reviews, data collection, data analysis, interpretation, reporting, and dissemination. The position involves considerable cross-disciplinary work and will offer opportunities for exploring relationships among policy, practice, and research. The Associate will report to the Evaluation Team Manager.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Masters Degree in social sciences, education, policy, or other applicable field; or a combination of Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience conducting evaluations or research
- Excellent statistical, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative analysis, and proficiency with data analysis software such as SPSS (preferred), or SAS;
- Demonstrated experience with mixed methods data collection and analysis;
- Outstanding planning, organizational, and communication skills. High attention to detail and excellent follow-through;
- Ability to work in a changing, multiple-demand setting in order to prioritize a large volume of work and meet deadlines efficiently and accurately;
- Demonstrated familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Access);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Ph.D. in social sciences, education, policy, or other applicable field
- Familiarity with California K-12 education, school enrichment and youth development programs
- Familiarity with criminal justice (adult or juvenile), or behavioral health data and programs
- Experience working in a social service or non-profit setting
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish, Cantonese, or other language widely used in the Bay Area
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implement evaluations for smaller projects as well as co-managing components of larger projects;
- Develop evaluation plans and timelines;
- Conduct literature reviews and develop and/or select appropriate data collection instruments;
- Participate in data collection activities involving the administration of surveys, interviews, observations, focus groups, tests, and other methods;
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses and clearly present findings using charts, tables and graphs;
- Synthesize results and write, present, and communicate research/evaluation findings to a wide range of stakeholders and entities;
- Ensure that product deliverables meet HTA and client specifications;
- Work with flexibility in regards to diversity of work projects, assisting and supporting colleagues, and exercising tasks necessary to produce high quality work
- Maintain professional conduct with clients and colleagues
Salary is 55-65K per year and includes benefits, vacation pay, and 401K. This is a full time exempt position.
Please email a resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to Liza Ruzer, Evaluation Coordinator, at email@example.com. Applicants without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
HTA is an equal opportunity employer.