Organization: Futures Group
Job Code: CHSS022212
Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Futures Group is recruiting a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for an upcoming program addressing HIV/AIDS prevention and care for most-at-risk-populations (MARPs) in West Africa.
- Provide technical leadership for all monitoring and evaluation activities of the project.
- Provide technical assistance to local partner organizations to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Advanced degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, biostatistics, psychology or a related field.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in monitoring, evaluating, and research related to public health programs, with at least three years of experience with USAID or PEPFAR HIV-related programming
- Demonstrated experience in HIV/AIDS program target setting and reporting.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with behavioral surveillance surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling techniques and establishing M&E systems in developing countries.
- Demonstrated English and French skills (FS-3 level or higher).
- This position will be based in Accra and will require extensive travel throughout West Africa, with a particular focus on Togo and Burkina Faso.
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.