We are seeking a senior-level manager to lead research and evaluation at GreatSchools, the nation’s leading source of school and education information for parents. You will be a torch-bearer for setting strategic goals and milestones, and creating well-designed experiments to inform progress against goals. You will be a critical team member, providing a social research framework to the challenge of creating national programs that leverage technology to help parents become more effectively involved in their children’s education. Initial responsibilities include engaging senior executives and program directors in setting measures of success and target milestones based on GreatSchools’ logic model, and conducting baseline measurements. Ongoing responsibilities include managing third-party evaluators, market research, and customer satisfaction and brand measurement to ensure that findings are translated into actionable insights.
As head of research and evaluation efforts, you will report directly to the Vice President of Business Insights, and will manage a Research Analyst (TBH), as well as managing outside evaluation projects (typically 3-5 per year). You will guide product and program cross-functional teams to ensure that our work brings us closer to meeting social impact goals.
- Manage evaluation efforts, including determining research objectives, designing and implementing studies, and creating and managing RFP process when appropriate.
- Design and implement consumer research projects to inform product and marketing strategy, including conducting surveys and user interviews.
- Reinforce a culture of experimentation by guiding product teams to articulate and measure appropriate goals, and refining internal processes to share lessons learned and inform future development.
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in social sciences, with at least 3-5 years professional program evaluation experience, preferably in K-12 education and/or parental involvement in education
- Passion for K-12 education and helping parents support their children’s education
- Top-notch project management skills, including meeting facilitation, planning and oral/written communication with cross-functional stakeholders
- Well-versed and comfortable with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Collaborative, team player at the core, with strong initiative to drive forward project goals individually
- Ability to provide mentorship and leadership to research staff
- Spanish fluency is highly desired
This is a temporary staff position concluding in December 2012, and can be part-time or full-time. This position may convert to a full-time permanent position in 2013. This position is located in our San Francisco office. Only apply if this is what you are seeking.
How To Apply:
Please email a cover letter, including salary requirements and resume to email@example.com, with “Manager, Research and Evaluation” in the subject line. Your cover letter should explain why you want to work for GreatSchools. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.