Organization: Management Systems International
Location: South Sudan
MSI was awarded a three-year contract with USAID/Sudan on a project named SUPPORT (Services Under Program and Project Offices for Results Tracking), and tasked with the responsibility of executing functions normally associated with USAID’s Program and Communications offices. As a part of the SUPPORT project, MSI is currently establishing an office compound suitable for USAID and partner meetings in Southern Sudan, hiring technical and support staff and facilitating VIP visits. For more information on our Sudan project (Services Under Program and Project Offices for Results Tracking – SUPPORT) please follow this link: http://www.msiworldwide.com/index.cfm?msiweb=project&p_id=150
The USAID/Sudan Health Team is responsible for managing a portfolio that includes HIV/AIDS; malaria; tuberculosis; reproductive health and family planning; maternal and child health; nutrition; water, sanitation and hygiene; rational pharmaceutical management; and integrated disease surveillance and response. USAID/South Sudan is searching for an experienced mid-level professional to serve as M&E Specialist to play a significant role in helping to manage and strengthen systems to assess and monitor program performance across the Health Team’s portfolio. The M&E Specialist will report directly to the Health Team Leader and the MSI Chief of Party. This short-term assignment will be based in Juba, Sudan from Early February 2012 until June 30, 2012.
• Provide leadership in the aggregation, management, and analysis of partner program data.
1) working with Health Team, PEPFAR and implementing partner technical staff to ensure that indicators appropriately meet program information needs.
2) routinely updating Health Team Results Matrix and Performance Management Plans.
3) routinely developing analyses of partner data to share with the Health Team and USAID/Washington for various planning, strategy development, and reporting activities.
4) ensuring gender is integrated into reporting.
• The M&E Specialist will be responsible for the accurate representation of Health PMP indicators, established baselines, targets, data sources, and data quality issues, and their contribution to overall results framework and depiction of health portfolio accomplishments.
• Routinely monitor, assess, and improve partner data quality through field level data verification visits, conducting data quality assessments with partners, providing guidance on follow-up actions based on data quality assessment findings, and managing external data quality technical assistance providers.
• Draft technical narratives and performance reports for multiple audiences, as requested by USAID/South Sudan, the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator, and USAID/Washington Office of Sudan Programs.
• Oversee the collection of data, indicator quality, and data entry for Strategic Portfolio Reviews, Country Operational Plans (COP), Malaria Operational Plans (MOP), Planning and Performance Reports (PPR), Operational Plans (OP), and similar Agency reporting documents.
• In the area of project monitoring, the Specialist will be expected to (a) review site visit plans for health/WASH projects and seek participation from other key stakeholders. (b) undertake a minimum of monthly monitoring and supervision visits to Health Team project sites. (c) collect and share information from visits and develop analysis of conditions and recommended next steps. (d) develop methodologies for tracking implementation.
• Provide technical leadership and management of ad-hoc health information activities, including mapping and shared-drive documents management.
• Work in close collaboration with the Health Team and the USAID/South Sudan to ensure data presented in health briefing and communications materials are accurate and up-to-date.
• Other activities requested by the Health Team Leader.
• Bachelors Degree in Public Health, International Affairs, Public Administration or a related field and at least 5 years of relevant experience, or a Masters Degree and 3+ years of experience.
• Prior Experience living and working in developing countries (experience in South Sudan preferred).
• Experience working with local NGOs.
• Excellent verbal, writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in teams.
• Fluency in English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.