Organization: Center for International Development, State
Deadline to apply: Open until position is filled
Posted: Feb. 14, 2012
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
The State University of New York’s Center for International Development (SUNY/CID) seeks applications for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor for an upcoming USAID-funded Human and Institutional Capacity Development Program in Rwanda. The position will be resident in Kigali, Rwanda. The successful candidate will play a lead role in the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan in close partnership with the project Chief of Party, Government of Rwanda partner institutions, and local civil society institutions.
- Develop and conduct performance assessments with key institutional partners.
- Development performance measurement plans with partner institutions.
- Coordinate the implement performance measurement plans with partner institutions.
- Cultivate and maintain working relationships with key government institutions, project partners, civil society, and donors.
- Responsible for periodic monitoring reports and contract reports (M&E.)
- Graduate degree in a relevant field required.
- A minimum of five-seven years of direct experience managing and executing monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded democracy and governance programs, with a specific focus on capacity building.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies for democracy and governance programs, including experimental (or quasi-experimental) evaluation designs that incorporate rigorous statistical methods.
- Experience coordinating with developing-country governments, ministries and/or local NGOs for design and implementation of evaluations, including addressing capacity weaknesses as needed.
- Demonstrated familiarity with and understanding of impact evaluation and participatory monitoring and evaluation techniques; and developing and monitoring both output and outcome indicators.
- Oral and written fluency in English and either Kinyarwanda and/or French.
- Able to effectively use statistical analysis software, including STATA and SPSS.
- Preference will be given to Rwanda nationals.
- The full duration of the position is contingent upon continued funding.
- To apply, please e-mail a curriculum vitae (CV) with cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com or fax to +1 (518) 443-5126 indicating Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor – Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) Rwanda in the subject line.
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Research Foundation of SUNY (SUNY/CID’s corporate parent) is an EEO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.