Organization: Futures Group
Location: United States
Job Code: CHSS020712
Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Futures Group is seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor to provide high level technical support in data collection, data analysis and use for community-based service delivery programs, including programs for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC). Location preference is Washington DC or North Carolina.
Working in collaboration with the OVC M&E team, and colleagues working in community-based information systems, the M&E Advisor will:
- Analyze available national and program-level data to support evidence-informed policy and programming
- Provide technical support to stakeholders at all levels in the use of community and OVC M&E data and information.
- Work with the US Government, implementing partners in the US and developing countries, as well as national counterparts to facilitate and build consensus on indicators as well as data collection and reporting tools to report on progress in providing quality services.
- Assist with developing M&E systems and guidelines for host country OVC programs as requested.
- Develop and apply tools and curricula to build M&E capacity especially among OVC program staff and to collect and report community-level data up to district and national levels.
- Provide technical assistance in the design of operations research and evaluation studies, as needed
- Minimum of a master’s degree required; degree should be in monitoring and evaluation, public health, child development, social work, community development, psychology or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of community-based service delivery programs, including performance monitoring plans and indicator development
- Experience in designing operations research and/or evaluation studies, and managing research
- Recent data analysis experience including knowledge of SPSS or similar statistical package
- Experience in working with USAID and other USG agencies and programs
- Experience in capacity-building, training and supportive supervision
- Good team player and ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Good communication skills and ability to work with counterparts from community members to government officials and researchers
- Experience in the field of orphans and vulnerable children, with direct program experience in developing countries desirable
- Ability to travel up to 30% and work in challenging field settings
- Candidate must be able to work professionally in French or Portuguese
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.