Organization: CHF International
Closing date: 14-Feb-2012
Job Level: Mid-level
CHF International’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low- and moderate-income communities around the world, helping them to improve their social, economic and environmental conditions.
CHF International is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (M&E Specialist) for an anticipated long-term program in Haiti. The goal of the project will be to facilitate more productive and inclusive value chains in construction, textile/apparel and agribusiness to increase economic growth and increase long-term employment opportunities in Port-au-Prince, Cap Haitien and Saint-Marc.
The M&E Specialist, reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the team work effectively, setting and meeting its priorities.
- Ensuring adherence to compliance of M&E methodology and systems using developed tools and indicators.
- Building core competencies of the M&E field staff and project managers through training and technical assistance for accurate data collection and reporting.
- Guiding, supervising and participating in joint evaluations. Overseeing technical assistance for evaluation activities and advising Deputy Chief of Party on M&E-related procedures and policy training activities.
- Leading the plan to monitor progress, evaluate effectiveness, and disseminate results of the project activities.
- Providing delivery of the project M&E deliverables.
- Ensuring the smooth operation and quality performance of technical efforts and field activities by coordinating programmatic reporting, quality of data management and information.
- Making regular visits to worksites to monitor the development and implementation of M&E activities.
- Advanced degree in related field.
- Experience related to monitoring and evaluation of projects with a community focus required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the monitoring and evaluation of international projects.
- At least 8 years’ experience managing information systems and the application of quantitative and qualitative methods of projects funded by international donors or governments.
- Proven knowledge and experience utilizing applications for the design, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of statistical software.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with professional contacts.
- Willingness to travel extensively to worksites as needed.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French required; Haitian Creole a plus.