Organization: CHF International
Tracking Code: 2047
Location: Silver Spring, US
Position Type: Intern
CHF International’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low- and moderate-income communities around the world helping them improve their social, economic, and environmental conditions.
CHF’s Knowledge Management and Evaluation (KME) office fosters a learning culture within CHF that values knowledge sharing and program quality. KME drives processes of establishing quality assurance systems through program implementation and M&E standards and creates systems for storing, retrieving, and sharing explicit knowledge institutionalizing practices.
The Monitoring and Evaluation intern will assist KME staff in developing and packaging various CHF standardized templates, guidelines, and tools available to CHF’s HQ and field offices.
This position is located at our headquarters which is conveniently located about two blocks from the Silver Spring Metro. This is an unpaid position with flexible hours, requiring a minimum of 16 hours a week. Students with internship degree requirements are urged to apply.
This internship will:
- Provide exposure to a not-for-profit international development organization
- Give the intern the opportunity to attend meetings with the Policy & Innovation team and others within the organization
- Familiarize the intern with M&E methodologies in an international development context
- Encourage practical application of the M&E methodologies learned
Activities & Deliverables
- Review current practices/approach to M&E via program proposals as submitted and/or selected current programs:
- Conduct a review of materials/tools already available for staff use. Identify opportunities for clarification and enhancement:
- Support additional M&E initiatives as needed
- Design a survey instrument to gather pertinent information
- Conduct the survey in collaboration with HQ- and internationally-based CHF staff
- Analyze results and present recent findings to the KME team, written and orally
- Group materials into one volume or training tool
- Make materials more user-friendly
- Organize updated materials within organization intranet (SharePoint)
- Present tools to the CHF community orally and in writing; provide trainings on their use
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program in international development or related field which requires an internship
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation techniques and their application
- Strong research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- US Work authorization required