Organization: Larkin Street Youth Services
Reports to: Chief of Research and Evaluation
Department: Research and Evaluation
Division: Class I
The primary role of the Manager of Research and Evaluation is to support the evaluation, research, and dissemination goals of Larkin Street Youth Services. The Manager of Research and Evaluation’s chief responsibility is ongoing evaluation of program services. The Manager of Research and Evaluation also documents best practices and identifies emerging issues and trends among the youth served by Larkin Street Youth Services. An eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple projects is of key importance. The Manager of Research and Evaluation provides support in advancing Larkin Street’s policy and advocacy objectives. The Manager of Research and Evaluation will play an instrumental role in extending Larkin Street’s impact through the communication of the agency’s knowledge and best practices to a wider audience of service providers, policy-makers, funders, and other stakeholders.
Candidates applying for this position will possess:
- Extreme passion for our agency’s mission
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance
- Flexibility with a team player mentality
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision
- An extreme focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain knowledge base in subject areas related to Larkin Street’s services including youth homelessness, child welfare, youth employment and education, HIV/AIDS, and behavioral health
- Conduct data analysis to support evaluation, dissemination, and other agency functions
- Work with the Chief of Research and Evaluation and members of the management team to develop outcome measurements for individual programs and the agency overall
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesize information to support publishing and presentation goals
- Assist with development of fact sheets, policy briefs, and other dissemination materials
- Assist with tracking of local, state, and federal policy/legislative developments
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- An ability to develop expertise in new issue areas quickly
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of research methodology and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to translate academic research into salient policy messages
- Master’s degree in the social sciences or related field
- Experience conducting statistical analysis
- Experience with statistical analysis software
- Experience with SPSS highly desirable
- Experience working in a social service or non-profit setting highly desirable
- Previous experience with program evaluation desirable
- Previous experience supervising staff desirable
- Must also have ability to work with diverse staff, clients, and volunteers
HOW TO APPLY
Email: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include the job title “Manager of Research and Evaluation” in the subject line of your email.
In Person/Mail: Human Resources, 701 Sutter St., 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94109.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Services seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector or social work. We committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.
No phone calls, please.