Ex post and Intermediate Evaluation
XIX/02 – Budgetary overview and evaluation Directorate-General XIX – Budgets European Commission
First edition, January 1997
Table of contents
The first evaluation
- What is evaluation?
- Why are programme evaluations conducted?
- The evaluation of EU programmes
2. Key concepts and definitions
- What can be evaluated?
- What issues are raised by evaluations?
- Who is involved in the evaluation?
- What types of evaluations are there?
3. Preparing and managing evaluations
- Establishing a management structure
- Elaborating the evaluation project
- Drawing up the terms of reference
4. Conducting evaluations
- Introducing evaluation designs
- Data collection techniques
- Data analysis techniques
5. Reporting and disseminating evaluations
- Maximizing the use of evaluations
- The presentation of the evaluation report
- The dissemination of evaluations