Organization: The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
Closing Date: 1 Mar 2012
The goal of the Monitoring, Learning and Research (MLR) Program is to strengthen the evidence base underlying all of GAIN’s initiatives – Large-Scale Food Fortification, Multi-nutrient Supplements, Nutritious Foods for Under 2s and Pregnant and Lactating Women and Agriculture & Nutrition – through rigorous results measurement of specific programs impact, project and program evaluation and research.
Based in Geneva, the Senior Manager, MLR will identify priorities and timelines for MLR support as well as opportunities for executing global deliverables, and will be responsible for leading the MLR team of nutrition and global health experts. He or she will assist in building GAIN’s knowledge and research functions, ensuring strategic involvement of MLR in advocacy activities, program design and evaluation stages to improve GAIN’s efficiency, flexibility and impact. The role reports to the Senior Director, Innovation & Technical Services.
You will have experience and understanding of:
- Leadership and team management
- Performance management of programs focused on nutrition (preferably) or another aspect of global health
- Operations research, program management and evaluation, including field experience
- Portfolio management of activities spanning multiple countries
- Development and application of M&E frameworks and plans
- Understanding of large-scale nutrition and/or public health surveys
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment and of managing local issues in developing countries
- A graduate degree in nutrition, public health, economics, business administration, food science or a suitable equivalent.
Fluency in English is essential; working knowledge of another language – especially French – is highly desirable. You must be willing to travel extensively overseas.
Job Description Senior_Manager_MLR_January_2012.pdf