Organization: The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
Closing Date:1 Mar 2012
The goal of the Monitoring, Learning and Research (MLR) stream is to strengthen the evidence base underlying GAIN’s programs through robust results measurement, project and program evaluation and research. MLR program staff work across GAIN lending technical support to a rich mix of innovative studies tracking program implementation, impact and cost-effectiveness.
Effective MLR is crucial to GAIN’s success. GAIN is actively looking for talented individuals who will manage a portfolio of performance measurement and research activities at the global level. This includes the development of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans, coordination of surveys, capacity building, and other M&E activities identified in the country strategies. S/he will additionally have involvement in GAIN’s knowledge building and research functions in order to ensure strategic involvement of in advocacy activities as well as at the program design and evaluation stages, to improve GAIN’s efficiency, flexibility and impact.
Candidates will have experience and understanding of:
- Significant experience in operations research, program management and evaluation
- Experience in the performance management of nutrition programs
- Management of portfolios of activities in multiple countries
- Development and operationalisation of M&E frameworks and plans
- Excellent understanding of quantitative and qualitiative research and analysis
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment and managing local issues in developing countries
- A graduate degree in nutrition, public health, economics, business administration, food science or a suitable equivalent.
- Fluency in English is essential; working knowledge of another language – especially French – is highly desirable. You must be willing to travel extensively overseas.
Job Description Senior_Associate_MLR_January_2012.pdf