Organization: Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is an Arlington, VA-based international development consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations and policies. SI is seeking a Program Associate (PA) to oversee and support our growing portfolio of impact evaluations (IEs). SI conducts a growing number of rigorous IEs, including randomized control trials (RCTs) and quasi-experimental evaluations, of development projects for USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), and other donors. The IE PA will oversee the management and logistics for multiple IEs and will have principal responsibility for data management, cleaning, and preliminary analysis. The IE PA will have the opportunity to interact with leading academics and practitioners in the field and will report to SI’s IE Practice Leader. The position offers excellent growth opportunities for the motivated, qualified candidate, with potential to grow into additional technical, analytical, and management responsibilities. More detailed responsibilities include:
IE Project/Program Management: The Program Associate will be primarily responsible for managing multiple IEs for USAID and/or MCC projects, although the PA may also be asked to oversee or support other non-IE projects as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support development of IEs including background and supporting research for ongoing/upcoming IEs and oversight of survey development
- Manage IE datasets throughout the evaluation life-cycle from coordination of local data collection partners to data management and cleaning to preliminary analysis
- Identify, recruit and build IE teams; support teams technically; assure high quality deliverables and evaluation reports
- Mobilize evaluation teams, including organizing and managing team planning meetings and working with Program Assistants to arrange for all necessary logistical preparations
- Establish, monitor, and update work plans and budgets for IEs Work with the Financial Department to ensure financial reporting requirements are met and financial documents reviewed
- Work with the Contracts Department to negotiate contracts with donors, prime contractors and subcontractors
- Serve as a point of contact for clients, ensure contract compliance, and support contract reporting requirements
- Provide administrative backstopping support, as needed
As appropriate, the PA will be asked to participate in field work, such as data collection, capacity building, program monitoring, or evaluation design, with evaluation teams. These tasks will be graduated to match the increasing level of proficiency and skill demonstrated by the Program Associate.
Business Development. Support marketing, business and proposal development related to new IE opportunities and, as time permits, other evaluation-related new bids. The PA may be asked to write technical proposals, review draft proposals, and working with the Finance Department to create IE budgets.
- Master’s Degree in relevant subject area, such as economics, statistics, public policy, development, etc. (required)
- Academic training and/or practical experience in quantitative research/evaluation including familiarity with IE designs such as RCTs (required)
- Demonstrated experience (1-3 years) managing development projects or evaluations (required)
- Ability to travel overseas for short-term assignments (required)
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly (required)
- Field experience in managing/participating in quantitative evaluations (strongly preferred)
- Academic training and/or practical experience in quantitative analysis, including experience in econometrics and use of STATA and SPSS (strongly preferred)
- Experience working with USAID or MCC (preferred)
- Experience working in developing countries (preferred)
- Proficiency in a foreign language, such as Spanish or French (preferred)
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits will be commensurate with the candidate’s capabilities and experience. Standard benefits include paid leave, health insurance, IRA, and other benefits. Salary range: commensurate with skill base.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our Company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and to make a difference in the well-being of our world. To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
Interested candidates, please forward CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Associate – Impact Evaluation designated in the subject line. We will contact only eligible candidates to further discuss their availability. Please no phone calls. Social Impact is an equal opportunity employer.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements.