Organization: Futures Group
Location: United States
Job Code: CHSS100611
# of Openings: 1
Established in 1971, Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. We assist governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
The Advisor will provide leadership to AIDSRelief field staff, and will be responsible for providing technical and evaluation guidance, developing and reviewing monitoring reports and technical documents, and coordinating with AIDSRelief staff to plan and implement project changes to enhance the efficiencies and effectiveness of data management and usage. The Advisor will assist in the design, implementation and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities of strategic information. In coordination with the Project Director and Management Team (Other Senior Advisors), s/he is responsible for ensuring country activities are functioning effectively. The Advisor will work in collaboration with the team to ensure project reporting deadlines are met. The Advisor and the Senior Information Technology Specialist will continue to build the library of technical options. This position is expected to travel 40% of the time. Location preference is Washington, DC; we are also open to consider applicants based in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and South Africa. There is no relocation allowance for this position.
- Work collaboratively with Management Team to develop annual plans for data management and usage and monitoring of its implementation.
- Work in collaboration with Senior Technical Specialist: DDIU to develop and implement a DDIU and evaluation plan.
- Develop/adapt and monitor the use of M&E tools, continue to address data culture with AIDSRelief Stakeholders.
- Serve as an HQ contact for internal and external technical inputs and inquiries related to the PMMS project.
- Oversee the development and/or refine site assessment instruments and lead data analysis and utilization.
- Collaborate with Management Team for development of IT Solutions and lead analysis of data.
- Coordinate with Senior HMIS advisor to ensure software and hardware aligns with project data design.
- Provide technical input and guidance in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, epidemiology and surveillance, and patient monitoring on a range of projects at Futures under the direction of individual project directors.
- Oversee the dissemination of data collection instruments ensuring quality control of operational data.
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and summarize data in preparation for statistical and analytical reports.
- Utilize specified statistical software to analyze and interpret data, as appropriate to AIDSRelief.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and records of operational methods and results, best practices and success stories.
- Participate in writing of reports to various stakeholders.
- Develop and present training programs in field of expertise.
- Collaborate with CM to design and facilitate computerized data queries and reports.
- Remain informed of current issues regarding monitoring and evaluation programs in the HIV/AIDS/STI fields by reviewing current literature; be aware of implications of research that could enhance project and program activities.
- Provide ongoing TA across all AIDSRelief countries in data demand and use for adaptive management.
- Post graduate in Epidemiology / Biostatistics / Health Statistics
- At least 7 years of experience in the public health arena, preferably in a clinical setting
- 7 years of practical data use/M&E experience,
- Track record of publications in peer reviewed journals
- Computer skills
- Expert computer skills and experience working with HMIS, MS Office
- Excellent database management skills ( SQL, Access, Excel)
- Excellent data analysis skills (either of SAS, Stata, SPSS, Epi Info)
- Knowledge of GIS applications
- Have a good understanding of the health systems
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in implementing US Government-funded projects.
- Excellent organizational skills including demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, coordinate, and meet deadlines
- Ability to promote collaboration among Country Stakeholders
- The ability to work well under moderate pressure and skilled in trouble shooting, crisis management, and problem solving
- Must be available for up to 40% international travel
- Able to communicate in both French and English
- US work authorization required (citizenship/permanent residentship)
Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
Applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.