Organization: Save The Children
Employee Type: Full-Time Regular
Location: Myanmar – Yangon
Division: International Operations
The Senior Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation is a senior-level program position, based in Yangon and reporting to the Deputy Director for Performance Management for the Global Fund Program. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will work closely supervising the overall monitoring and reporting for all three grants from the Global Fund for AIDS Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) with an overall budget of roughly $100 million over a total of five years and which will provide onward sub-grants to 16 different INGOs serving as Sub-Recipients (SRs).
The Save The Children PR team is composed by 30 members. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will supervise a team of 5 persons – 3 M&E managers and 2 database coordinators.
- To receive and ensure that the quarterly consolidated progress reports are submitted in the appropriate templates and that the expected results are in conformity with the Performance Framework,
- To review periodic M&E reports of Sub Recipients (SRs) and provide appropriate comments,
- To verify, in coordination with the three M&E managers, that programmatic data submitted by the SRs are accurate. (Review of SRs supporting documents). Consolidate and submit the final quarterly progress update report per disease for final review/validation by the Deputy Director,
To bring support to SRs in terms of project management and M&E, (including a clear understanding by SRs of the indicators to be reported to GFATM in a quarterly basis)
To assist SRs and the PR in the development of M&E plans, Performance Frameworks, Target setting, M&E and data quality tools.
To built a data quality system that ensures that SRs report good quality data according to the definition of the Performance Framework indicators.
- Masters Degree in Management, Public Health or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in practical/operational M&E for large-scale health projects (HIV, TB and Malaria experience is an advantage).
- Experience managing sub-grantees and working in coordination with other agencies.
- Minimum of 3 -5 years of experience in international development/humanitarian work based in the field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation of complex programs, with GFATM experience strongly preferred.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of M&E managers.
- Experience in South Asia/South East Asia an asset.
- Strong technical skills in monitoring and evaluation.
- Able to work successfully in a complex political environment and on sensitive issues.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In 2010, we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in the United States and around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more.
We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity.