Location: Jakarta (Java)
Position Type: Fixed Term
Job Family: Programme
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2012
OXFAM PURPOSE:To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
JOB PURPOSE:The Oxfam Indonesia country strategy highlights the fact that when women can enjoy access and the full benefit of their rights, their immediate and wider communities benefit exponentially. The jointly agreed Oxfam vision for Indonesia clearly illustrates the priority given to Gender Justice in the overall country strategy.
A high quality Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning function will be critical to the success of Oxfam and partner efforts to promote GJ.
The Oxfam Gender Justice Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator will be responsible for the ongoing development, coordination and implementation of the Gender Justice Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework.
REPORTING LINES: Gender Justice Lead
- Coordination of and delivery of agreed plans or strategies. ;
- Representation in partner meetings and some external relationships;
- Impact and influence is mostly within own team;
- Specific competencies and skills required in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning;
- Help shape local level objectives in Gender Justice team;
- Providing specialist advice or specific skills to team in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Management tasks and problems encountered can vary and include a combination of routine and some more complex issues within a specialised unit/function.
- Requires the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to a wide audience;
- Diverse and complex problem-solving, requires professional knowledge, field experience and an understanding of humanitarian and development work.
- Role is variable with well-defined targets and/or minimum standards and is both proactive and reactive;
- To play active role in lobby and advocacy on issues related to programmes through personal contacts and co-ordination of allies.
- To take part in public campaigns based on agreed plan of action and objectives.
- To support fundraising efforts and produce clear and quality reports (financial and narrative) that demonstrate good accountability
- Develop and update Guidelines and other resources that can assist staff and Partners in carrying out their MEL responsibilities;
- Develop and conduct regular training, mentoring and technical advice to improve capacity and motivate partners and Oxfam staff;
- Maintaining the Management Information System (MIS) and routinely checking the accuracy of the database to provide advice on areas for improvement to program management;
- Provide strategic advice to program management on improving program performance and impacts and influencing other key stakeholders, using data and feedback from the field;
- Prepare/coordinating the production of Gender Justice related advocacy articles for different Government and stakeholders.
- Coordinating documentation and dissemination of achievements, lessons learned and good practice at the Program level so that they have an influencing impact; &
- Preparing and disseminating reports and presentations for donors, other CSOs, Local Government and other local and national stakeholders.
- Assisting partners on data analyses to identify areas of progress and for improvement and prepare quality reports;
- Assisting Partners to identify, document and disseminate achievements, lessons learned and good practice at provincial level so that they have an influencing impact;
- Contributing to and providing updates for Oxfam affiliates in Indonesia;
- Assist in the identification of partner capacity building needs in relation to MEL and providing on job mentoring and coaching;
- Managing or supporting short research projects; &
- Contribute to wider Oxfam work at country, regional and global levels.
Representation and Relationships:
- Coordinate, manage, participate in monitoring visits of Gender Justice activities by Government and/or donors;
- Organising and/or implementing activities to promote learning among partner organizations including promotion of learning events and sharing information and resources from external sources;
- Keeping up-to-date on developments in the sector and making recommendations to Program management on opportunities for influencing; &
- Coordination with other staff around GJ MEL issues.
Skills and Competence
- Demonstrated experience and capacity to engage and motivate others towards the achievement of Gender Justice objectives.
- Demonstrate experience and expertise in development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks and systems
- Demonstrated high level analytical skills
- Facilitation of workshop, and mentoring support for capacity building of partners
- High quality interpersonal, representational and negotiation skills
- Good written and oral communication skills in both bahasa Indonesia and English including the capacity to relate to both the internal and external constituencies of a large organisation
- Computer literacy particularly MS Office and e-mail usage
- In depth understanding of community, regional and global development issues and their inter-relationships
This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.
Applying for a job? Here is a guide to help you make the most out of the application process.
Vous postulez à un emploi? Voici un guide pour vous aider à profiter du processus d’application.
Quer candidatar-se a um emprego? Aqui está um guiaque para o ajudar a simplificar o processo de candidatura.
Estas buscando un un trabajo? Aqui puedes encontrar una guia que te ayude a simplificar el proceso de solicitud!