Job Title: Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality Coordinator (PME-Q)
Organization: Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH)
Location: Jacmel, Haiti
Supervised by: Director DKH Hispaniola
Starting date: 1 April 2012
Contract length: 9 months, with possibility of extension
Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH) is a German NGO active in Haiti since 2007. It is constituted as a project office for Hispaniola based in PauP and field offices in Jacmel et La Vallée. DKH’s head office is in Stuttgart (Germany).
Since the earthquake of 12 January 2010, DKH brings integrated and sustainable solutions for disaster-affected communities, taking into consideration the pre-existing vulnerabilities as well as new priority needs. Working with several local partners, DKH is currently running a large number of projects in the following sectors: 1) food security and DRR and 2) habitat (permanent and disaster-resistant houses) & Infrastructure.
Geographically, DKH focuses the bulk of its interventions in the South-Est department (Jacmel, Bainet, La Vallée, Côte-de-Fer, Anse-à-Pitre, and Grand Gosier), with also some cooperation in the South and North-West Departments.
The PME-Q will work in close collaboration with the Heads of sectors (H&I and FS/DRR), the DKH Project Manager/Officers, and partially with the partners organizations in order to ensure that the PME system of DKH is fully implemented both for the own implementation and the partner organization attendance.
The PME-Q will provide methodological inputs for the implementation. monitoring and further development of DKH country programme, participate in the design of the partner strengthening component (participation, accountability, humanitarian codes, needs based).
A. Capacity Building
- Coordinate the assessment and consecutive design of the partner organization capacity building program and coordinate its implementation.
- Organize and/or provide training in above identified areas for DKH staff and partner organizations.
B. Program and projects PME and quality
- To act as Coordinator of a auto (mid-term) evaluation aiming at evaluating the impact of DKH and its partner interventions as well as its appropriateness (technical, methodological, integrity…) since the earthquake of 12.01.2010.
- Develop tools and guidelines to ensure participation and community based accountability of beneficiaries at all project stages (survey, complaint mechanism, etc.).
- Ensure that the PME-system of the office is functional and train the staff in its use as well as that guidelines, procedures and rules of DKH and donors are known (staff training and quality control).
- Assist the elaboration of a PME plan for each project and maintain overview of the products and deadlines as well as the quality within the PME system.
- To revise narrative reports prepared by partners or DKH Project Managers before submission to the Director.
- Ensure the quality of proposals and reports both in project and donor language (German, French and English) according to DKH and donor requirements/Standards.
- Write final version of project proposals and reports in the respective donor language (German, English) based on the French version elaborated by the sectors.
- Collect lessons learnt and consider relevant aspects for the partner organization strengthening program.
- To assist when required the director in developing and maintaining positive working relationships with national and local authorities, international and national organization.
- To attend cluster, ACT and other inter-agency meetings as required by the Director.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, to participate in DKH coordination meetings and in the strategic planning for the Haiti response.
- Studies in social science, international studies or related field.
- Substantial Experience in humanitarian and recovery program with INGOs or UN agencies in Haiti.
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards and principles, including SPHERE and HAP.
- Experience of designing and managing PME systems and tools of participatory methods, community based approaches, etc.
- A proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to local staff and partner organisations
- Knowledge and experience of working with international donors
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Co-operative and supportive team player in a cross-cultural environment.
- High level of proficiency in French and German is required.
- English working language.
- Experience in managing complex and complicated activities with time sensitive deliverables in unstable environments.
- Willingness to travel frequently in rural areas
Closing date: 22.02.2012 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!)
Please send your application and CV by e-mail to the HR Officer Ms. Sandra Leitz at Diakonie Headquarter, firstname.lastname@example.org
For detailed information about the assignment please contact Daniela Simm, Programme Officer Latin America and the Caribbean at Diakonie Headquarter,email@example.com, phone +49-711-2159-104.