Save the Children Sweden fights for children’s rights. We influence public opinion and support children at risk, in Sweden and in the world.
Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children Sweden is supported by nearly 250 000 members and doners. We are about 200 employees in Sweden, of which some 50 at regional offices around the country.
Save the Children Sweden is one of 29 member organizations in Save the Children International and together we are working in more than 120 countries.
Save the Children Sweden’s education program in Sudan aims to increase access to quality primary education, by supporting communities and the Ministry of Education in the provision of services, by being a proactive and leading member of the Education Cluster, and by advocating for increased state resources towards education and improvements in education policies and implementation. As a result of Save the Children’s direct support approximately 160 000 children in 8 states access primary education. Education is Save the Children’s largest thematic program in Sudan with a budget of approximately USD 6.6m in 2011.
Save the Children Sweden is now seeking an
Education Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Duty station Khartoum, Sudan
The position is a non family posting
The assignment period: 1 year with a possible extension, starting as soon as possible
The Education Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be line managed by the Programme Director based in Khartoum.
Objectives of the Post
The Education Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (M&E) is a key member of the education team. Based in Khartoum she/he will spend 50 % of time in field locations with an initial focus in North Darfur. The Education M&E Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and managing monitoring and evaluation activities within the education program.
The development of a strong monitoring and evaluation system is central to providing evidence for the education program to better understand the impact and effectiveness of various programs, to develop consensus of what steps need to be taken to further strengthen the program, and to feed relevant data to the Education Cluster. One of the main responsibilities of the Education M&E Coordinator will be to strengthen the existing monitoring and evaluation system. S/he works in close co-operation with the line Manager and with education staff at the sub-office level.
- Plan and implement new and ongoing M&E initiatives for the education program;
- Take the lead in developing monitoring and evaluation ‘tools’ for data collection that will meet the needs of Save the Children, the Education Cluster and donors;
- Build the capacity of the education team on data collection, data analysis and report writing as well as presentation skills paying particular attention to improving data quality;
- Develop new research initiatives in coordination with the education team, based on programme needs;
- Provide timely and accurate statistical data to the Education Cluster
- Share relevant research and findings with education staff and other education stakeholders.
- University Graduate with at least 2-5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programmes preferably in an education context
- Working knowledge of INEE minimum standards
- Familiarity with community based information management systems
- Ability to work from own initiative
- Sound computer skills in range of Microsoft programmes
- Good communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills.
For further information about the position, please contact Waleed Elbashir, Director of Programs, Sudan at +249 9 12178630 or Natacha Vorholter, Regional Deputy Program Director, Kenya at +254 717 721683.
Please check the role profile to ensure that you meet the selection criteria for the position you are applying for.
Once your application has been registered you will receive an automatic confirmation. All vacancy closing date will be at 12 midnight Swedish time on the published closing date.
Please apply at the latest 19 February, 2012.