Organization: Oxfam UK
Location: Jakarta (Java)
Department: Programme Funding
Position Type: Fixed Term
Job Family: Programme
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2012
JOB TITLE: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
JOB FAMILY: Programme
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
To raise funds for Oxfam’s program in Indonesia; To develop and maintain good quality and consistent relationships with donors; To effectively support program teams to develop and plan concept papers and proposals in accordance with country strategy and donor requirements; improve programme quality by developing, maintaining and supporting monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
To provide technical support to programme staff on MEL and successful implementation of Oxfam Country programme through effective coordination and capacity building.
Post holder reports to: Country Funding Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
- Coordination and organisation of MEL as a key function within the Indonesia Country Programme
- Work with Funding coordinator, Programme Managers, Sector Leads and Partners to produce, assimilate, analyse and use programme information from varied and diverse sources to provide in-depth analysis on programme quality broadly and in the specific area of MEL.
- Requires the ability to analyse and communicate complex information and understanding of donor contract
- Support learning, forward planning, strategy development and management of support fundraising efforts
- Support Reporting Officer to analysing information produce clear and quality reports (financial and narrative) those demonstrate good accountability and learning.
- Produce, assimilate, analyse and use programme information from varied and diverse sources to provide in-depth analysis in the specific programme unit or policy area.
- Makes complex technical information accessible and usable by non-specialists of MEL.
- Link area programme to country, region global SCOs, with direct influence on programme quality by mainstreaming of various aspects of Oxfam’s global programme approaches.
- Working autonomously when required but able to support the team approach and work within a team structure.
- Identify key issues around programme quality and ensure MEL systems are improved to address these issues.
- In close consultation with the Area Programme Managers and Regional/HQ MEL Coordinator together with Thematic Leads (Economic Justice , Gender justice and Rights in crisis), to develop, test and maintain a comprehensive MEL system for the Country programme .
- Support and Advice Thematic leads with development of programme learning materials including case studies, evaluations and policy briefs.
- Work closely with Area Programme Managers and Thematic leads to develop training materials and other capacity building initiatives on MEL to support partners and other stakeholders or core national change strategy concepts.
- Provide strong technical advice and support to the area programme team and partners in monitoring, evaluation and learning methods that measure outcome/impact at different levels.
- To support the Area Programme Managers and Thematic leads to prepare reports for donors, Oxfam and government agencies.
- Ensure linkages with the regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team of Oxfam and enhance monitoring and evaluation processes those are compatible with all Oxfam programmes.
- Review reports, audits and evaluations, identify learning opportunities based on identified problems, review solutions and identify how to feedback this information into programmes, training and capacity building.
- Ensure high quality maintenance of Oxfam’s programme management system (Peoplesoft -OPAL) by support CMT and programme teams with Oxfam by ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Working with Reporting Officer to ensure quality of documentation and reporting.
- In coordination with Programme Managers develop and maintain quantitative and qualitative progress monitoring framework for the Country programme. To help when requested, with the monitoring and evaluation of particular projects or partners.
- Identify planning and information forums on topics affecting Indonesia’s humanitarian and development work. Advice thematic leads by analysing existing programme context change team into the Indonesia programme teams to programme development.
- Lead evaluation process and support the teams and at times be a part of those teams to review programme planning and implementation performance against objectives. This will contribute to future programme planning.
Skills and Competence
- Understanding qualitative and quantitative Programme information and how this can improve the systems of an organisation.
- Research skills required in gathering information and learning through a variety of channels for specific topics.
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal with strong proven skills in English language.
- Strong influencing; negotiating and networking skills, Conceptual and analytical skills with a practical perspective.
- Evaluation and impact assessment and how to evolve these into practical tools
- Hands on experience of using Enterprise Resource Planning packages and other IT skills
- Team player but able to work independently and with self-motivation; Diplomatic skills with cultural and political sensitivity.
- Successful questioner and constructive critic of Oxfam’s practices in Indonesia.
- Keep up to date with developments in programme area in order to prioritise new perspectives of work and develop key competencies applying learning across country.
- Understanding of evidence-based work and how to use it.
- Training and facilitation skills.
- Understanding different approaches of Donors, Oxfam affiliates and effectively work in multiple systems
- Gender knowledge and cultural sensitivity with a strong commitment and understanding of the values and principles of Oxfam.
- Understanding of INGO programming and Donor relations with at least 4 years experience
- Experience in working with institutional donors such as DFID, World Bank European commission and ECHO
- Preparedness to undertake frequent field visits and flexible time.
Applying for a job? Here is a guide to help you make the most out of the application process.
Vous postulez à un emploi? Voici un guide pour vous aider à profiter du processus d’application.
Quer candidatar-se a um emprego? Aqui está um guiaque para o ajudar a simplificar o processo de candidatura.
Estas buscando un un trabajo? Aqui puedes encontrar una guia que te ayude a simplificar el proceso de solicitud!
MORE INFO… 18_JP_MEL Coordinator Indonesia V2.docx