Social Impact (SI) is an Arlington based international development management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative management consulting, technical assistance, evaluation, planning and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth.
SI is seeking an experienced, energetic and dynamic professional to lead our Evaluation Practice. The Company has experienced rapid growth in this area and expects this growth to continue. The majority of our evaluation work comes from contracts with USAID, MCC and the World Bank. This position reports directly to SI’s President.
- Conceptualize and implement a marketing/business strategy to build SI’s Evaluation Practice. This includes tracking upcoming RFPs, leading proposal development teams, networking, etc. The strategy would include specific business growth targets. This work would be done in conjunction with SI’s President and Director of Business Development.
- Serve as Program Director or Officer-in-Charge on selected evaluation related contracts and IQCs, responding to requests for task order proposals, conceptualizing and writing evaluation technical proposals, and ensuring high quality deliverables.
- Provide technical assistance on select projects, including designing and conducting both qualitative and quantitative evaluations, and designing performance monitoring systems. This includes conceptualizing and conducting rigorous impact evaluations using experimental and quasi-experimental evaluation designs for the MCC and other donors.
- Supervise SI staff working in the Evaluation Practice area.
- Serve as a thought leader for SI and in the wider development community on evaluation methods and best practices, representing SI at various fora.
- Minimum 15-20 years’ experience in international development program evaluation and monitoring, including qualitative methods and rigorous impact evaluation
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID, MCC, the World Bank and other development agencies to produce useful and accurate evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience managing large government contracts with positive results.
- Strong business development experience/networks with evaluation units of international development agencies.
- Extensive experience leading evaluation teams and consultants in for evaluations in multiple sectors including governance, agriculture and rural development, health and education.
- Proven evaluation proposal writing and proposal management skills.
- Technical expertise in one or more sectors a strong plus.
- Strong leadership, entrepreneurial, management, writing and verbal communication skills a must.
- PhD in Social Sciences with evaluation focus strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace small business environment.
- Willingness to travel on assignment a minimum of 25% of the time.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits will be commensurate with the candidate’s capabilities and experience. Standard benefits include paid leave, health insurance, IRA, and other benefits.
Come join our energetic and innovative team!
We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our Company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and to make a difference in the well-being of our world. To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
Interested candidates, please forward cover letter, CV and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with VP Evaluation designated in the subject line. Please note, applicants must be eligible to work in the US, and must be available for an in-person interview in the DC area at short notice.
We will contact only eligible candidates to further discuss their availability. Please no phone calls. Social Impact is an equal opportunity employer.