International Resources Group (IRG) is an international professional services firm that helps governments, the private sector, communities, and households manage critical resources to build a cleaner, safer, and more prosperous world. Since 1978, IRG has completed over 850 contracts in over 140 countries, delivering high-quality, cost-effective services that promote positive economic growth, institutional and social change, and intelligent use of resources – human, physical, environmental, and financial. Please visit our website at www.irgltd.com to learn more about IRG.
Announcement: IRG seeks experienced Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialists (including impact evaluation specialists) to support performance and measurement improvements for its global project portfolio. M&E Specialists will serve in both short- and long- term positions, involved in the design of M&E plans and performance management plans for proposals and in the implementation and management of projects. Such specialists will use data management and analysis skills to document achievement of established project targets, develop indicators and targets for new projects, and catalog and analyze accomplishments. Analysis of project work will serve as a guide to future activities and to focus and work plans as indicated by progress in advancing activity objectives.
- Advise on development of performance management plans (PMP) • Advise on the development and implementation of performance monitoring systems for specific projects
- Develop or recommend measurements and results indicators (both standardized and project specific)
- Advise on appropriate use of impact assessment methodologies for different sectors and types of projects including baseline impact surveys, multi-round, large-scale impact assessments, control group and randomized impact assessments, longitudinal impact assessments, focus groups and key informant interviews
- Design and develop databases for capturing, manipulating and analyzing field data for current and future projects
- Establish data collection procedures and reporting schedules
- Develop strategies to address gaps and strengths in the M&E components of project performance evaluations
- Assist with drafting PMPs at proposal stage
- Provide on-going short-term technical assistance to field-based projects
- Minimum Master’s degree (a Phd is preferred) in statistics, demography, public health, or social sciences
- Demonstrated expertise in research or evaluation design, including the appropriate use of quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods
- Knowledge of statistical software such as STATA, SAS or SPSS
- Survey design, sampling design and implementation skills
- Demonstrated experience using information and communications technologies in M&E work, including database, statistical analysis, GIS, information sharing, web-based, remote or mobile systems
- Minimum seven years of professional experience in M&E; including performance measurement; impact assessment, standardized and project-specific indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis, and research methodologies; systems design; and database management
- At least seven years’ experience managing or implementing USAID, EU, World Bank, or other donor-funded international development programs
- Experience with evaluations using US Government standardized indicators, such as the Standard Foreign Assistance Indicators (‘F’ indicators) or USAID‘s Conducting a DG Assessment: A Framework for Strategy Development (also known as SAF)
- Excellent English-language verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft and deliver quality reports
To be considered for future assignments:
Please send a resume to email@example.com. In the subject line please put “M&E”, and in your cover letter please note your preference for long or short term assignments, your availability, and your experience with specific database, statistical analysis, GIS, information collection and sharing software and platforms.
IRG is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre- employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.