Location: US – DC – Home Office
Division: International Program Leadership
Organization: Save the Children
Employee Type: Full – Time
The Specialist for Monitoring and Evaluation will provide technical guidance and support to the monitoring and evaluation work of Save the Children US’ International Programs.
- Provide technical support to the Business Teams within International Programs;
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Sponsorship Country Offices on Sponsorship specific M & E activities, and will advance implementation of the Common Approach for Sponsorship Program monitoring and evaluation
- Support the roll-out of the Save the Children harmonized M & E system and lead the Save the Children US annual reporting functions, such as compilation of annual reach and global indicators data
- Support agency evaluation activities as necessary and appropriate as well as participate in the Agency Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Working Group and actively contribute to the priority areas of the working group.
- Master’s degree in relevant field and at least 3-5 years experience in field of program monitoring and evaluation
- Strong background in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in one of the Save the Children thematic program areas, Health and Nutrition, Education, Livelihoods, HIV/AIDS implemented in developing country settings.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation skills required, including but not limited to data analysis, presentation, and development and communication of results.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills.
- Other language skills a plus.
- Computer literacy in word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, database, and statistical software packages.
- Demonstrated organization and task completion skills; ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a timely and comprehensive manner.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In 2010, we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in the United States and around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more.
We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity.