The Consultant will directly report to UNDP Bratislava as the Initiator of the Evaluation. On management and administrative issues the consultant will report to UNOPS. PMCU will also provide when possible the information required by the consultant (Application Deadline: 31 January 2012).
- Review the project document and other relevant information about the project and previous phases of the project.
- Review the overall development and Caspian environment situation of the countries.
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders, Project Manager and other related individuals (Includes travel to Astana).
- Review all available materials with focused attention to project outcomes and outputs.
- Revise the evaluation report to address comments received by major stakeholders.
- A minimum of 11 years relevant working experience, preferably as a fisheries expert or an environmental expert, holding a Masters degree or equivalent in relevant area.
- Previous experience with evaluation of the GEF International Water Projects an asset.
- Alert to the cultural, political and social sensitivities of the region.
- Should have evaluation experience and should not have been involved in the design and implementation of the CaspEco and /or the other UNDP supported project related to the Caspian.
View the full terms of reference for this position.