FIELD EVALUATION LEADER – GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE MONITORING & EVALUATION FRAMEWORK PROJECT (Arlington, VA)
Tetra Tech ARD is accepting expressions of interests for qualified Field Evaluation Leader candidates for a project funded by the USAID Bureau for Economic Growth, Agriculture and Trade (EGAT). This full-time position will be based in Washington, DC and will require frequent international travel.
Project Background: USAID intends to help countries accelerate their transition to climate-resilient, low emissions, development through investments in clean energy and sustainable landscape management, through programs that increase capacity for people and places to adapt to the effects of climate change, and through integration of climate change throughout the Agency’s programming.
The Field Evaluation Leader will assume overall general responsibility for implementing and supervising the work done for the following illustrative tasks:
- Develop evaluation designs & models
- Oversee field evaluations
- Quality control on evaluations
- Lead selected evaluations
- Participate in preparing evaluation training materials
- Supervise short term consultants on field evaluations
- Draft and/or review field evaluation reports
- Participate on evaluation teams
- Review baseline data
The Field Evaluation Leader will also coordinate with the project’s Performance Management Specialist on the following illustrative tasks:
- Provide input for evaluation indicators
- In cooperation with the project’s performance management specialist, coordinate the overlap between the performance monitoring frameworks and follow-on evaluation designs and activities.
- Provide input and support to the Mission level virtual support function in regards to evaluation questions that emerge. This may include directing a mid-level M&E Specialist in carrying out this particular function in regards to evaluations support.
- At least a Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation and/or climate change mitigation or adaptation, or other related field, PhD preferred;
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience of a managerial or technical nature in evaluating climate change and/or natural resource programs, with substantial experience in research design, e.g. sampling and statistical data analysis
- At least five (5) years of technical experience in policy analysis and evaluation in at least two geographical regions, francophone Africa preferred.
- Substantial experience managing and interpreting quantitative data collection and processes.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with complex field operations in closed and/or transitional or developing countries;
U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
- A current CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.